Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoins

MODERATION
    Does anyone here trade bitcoins? I'm just starting. Is it as safe as paypal? Any thoughts?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    With services like Coinbase, Coinspot and CoinJar its becoming easier for the 'average' person (i.e. someone who doesn't understand quantum physics and hashing algorithm) to purchase bitcoins. Whether is as safe as Paypal, its a long and endless debate. Both have their pros and both have their cons.

In before fiat currency is corrupt scheme.

I will say that BTC has attracted many shady individuals who don't want to only purchase alpaca socks
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 05-27-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I have heard that Bicoins is safer than PayPal - it is actually a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RH-Calvin View Post
    I have heard that Bicoins is safer than PayPal - it is actually a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it.
    How exactly does that make it safer than fiat? At least with fiat currency theres a central backing and SECURITY. Not some kid relying on forum posts to secure their wallet. Sure BTC has somewhat convenience if you want to transfer funds faster. But at least banks, however greedy people think they can be, have security measures in place to combat fraud.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Lounge   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by JonieDerby View Post
    Does anyone here trade bitcoins? I'm just starting. Is it as safe as paypal? Any thoughts?
    Take the bitcoins and shove them up your ass.Those are my actual thoughts.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonieDerby View Post
    Kinkeeee....
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Here is something that I found online hope it would help you though it’s a little partial with bitcoins

10 Reasons Why Bitcoin Is Better Than Paypal

8. Lounge   -   #8
    MODERATION
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Kinkeeee....
    My thoughts exactly, but then I thought IdolEyes was PROBABLY trying to be rude.

There is no need to be mean ... there are some people making money out of this, after all.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    No, as hard as it is for you to seemingly fathom, I just think that all forms of speculation (ie doing nothing of actual value while profiting at the expense of others) is wrong.
    As for the idiotic argument that "some people are making money out of this".Some people are likewise making money from flipping homes and selling their organs and human trafficking.Please now feel free to defend any of those with the same wank logic.

Also and this is just me being rude, most internet stuff is stupid and artificial and generally ghey.If you weren't a tree you'd probably see that.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    MODERATION
    You have the other way around, Idoleyes787, purchasing bitcoins with money that one person earned doing actual work is NOT WRONG. Those who purchase bitcoins also do so of their own free will, so there is also nothing wrong with that.

Purchasing bitcoins is also very similar to trading currency or stocks, if you do not know anything about that, you can research it. You can read and type, so I hope that you can do that and you will be able to understand what you will research. Again, there is nothing wrong with that.

Next, flipping homes and selling organs and human trafficking are three different things. It will take too long for me to explain the difference to you in words that you will understand, but the simple fact is those three are different. Flipping homes is a real estate business. Again, those who purchase home from courthouse bidding and then fixing them up and selling them are done by hardworking people who used money that they earned also while working hard.

Finally, you say that "most internet stuff is stupid" so you should get off this forum since participating in this forum is also internet stuff - you SHOULD see that. That is NOT me being rude, though. That's just me observing your ignorant assumptions about things you obviously do not understand.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast