Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 reservations now showing for Win 7 & Win 8 users

teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    What's a legal copy of Windows?
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Meg has one and will share the serial to all that PM him (as often as possible as the more posts mean greater chance of getting real key)*

* sorry really if you are new don`t actually post meg (it was a joke). He will hate you forever, I made that mistake which is why Idoleyes is now my only friend
    Last edited by Gribley; 06-14-2015 at 03:02 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I have a legal copy on the gaming computer I built a while ago.
    After spending over two grand on the other stuff saving an additional hundred dollars didn't seem worth the potential downside.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I have semi-legit Windows 7 on both my laptops, but both were Windows 7 Home versions & I used pirated codes to upgrade to the Ultimate versions. I wouldn't care about it, but I use Desktop Remote a lot & you can't remote in to a Home version machine. I know there are other remote programs you can use for free (Like Teamviewer) but I prefer Remote Desktop, as it's so simple & easy to set up/use.

Now desktops are another story. I have 2 of those, & neither have ever had legit windows on them...
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I have semi-legit Windows 7 on both my laptops, but both were Windows 7 Home versions & I used pirated codes to upgrade to the Ultimate versions. I wouldn't care about it, but I use Desktop Remote a lot & you can't remote in to a Home version machine. I know there are other remote programs you can use for free (Like Teamviewer) but I prefer Remote Desktop, as it's so simple & easy to set up/use.

Now desktops are another story. I have 2 of those, & neither have ever had legit windows on them...
    That's not the only limiting factor in Windows 7 home (premium) (or not so premium in this case....), the weirdest limitation is that it will only use a maximum of 16gb of RAM. If more is installed it will see it but it is 'unavailable', forcing gamers or content creators who use more RAM to purchase a more expensive edition. One plus about Windows 10 is the feature limitations that were used in order to gain extra revenue with Windows 7 have gone, along with minesweeper, solitaire and the Windows Media Center.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I wonder if those folks with XP are going to upgrade their computers.... Free is good but what is the catch? Your soul?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Still No invite Damn it.Both my Sister and Mother have theirs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12