Thread: uTorrent RSS filters

Enden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm having some trouble setting up filters. I want all new episodes of certain TV shows from specific release groups, but I don't get the filters right. Take The Blacklist as an example; my latest episode is named The.Blacklist.S01E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION. The RSS filter currently looks like this: The.Blacklist*|DIMENSION

Now, uTorrent automatically downloads episodes of The Blacklist in 720p format, but it ignores "DIMENSION". I understand that the wildcard says that it should ignore everything that comes after "the.blacklist" in the file name, despite of having multiple filters. The question is, how do I set up the filter to download "the.blacklist" files from DIMENSION only? I've tried different set-ups without success. I just changed the filter to The.Blacklist|DIMENSION. Can anyone tell me if this is right, or how I should do it if it's not?
    Last edited by Enden; 01-24-2014 at 02:49 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I don't know how uTorrent handles regexps, but you probably want something like this:

Code:
    ^The\.Blacklist+|DIMENSION$
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks for responding, but I did it right It's working now!
    Code:
    The?Blacklist|DIMENSION
    Edit: I see that the RSS feed doesn't display the actual file name, so the dot should be replaced by a question mark.
    Last edited by Enden; 01-23-2014 at 05:44 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    | is OR in regex not sure how is it even working

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    | is OR in regex not sure how is it even working
    You're probably right. It appeared to work correctly, but I later found out that it ignored the release group name. The correct way to set up the filter (still using The Blacklist as an example) is:
    Code:
    The?Blacklist
    To make sure that uTorrent doesn't download multiple files, I've selected only one quality, and set the filter to match once E4D.