Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you decide you'd gotten enough from torrenting?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People don't change.Just how they go about getting what they want does.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

got what I wanted; so long suckers
    I guess you're right. My life has changed a lot in the seven years since I discovered torrenting. At the time I really enjoyed interacting with others online, but nowadays as a young twenty-something I get my social fix in real life and so anything outside of downloading files just doesn't do much for me.
    There's something fair about that perspective. What is surprising to me, however, is just how few people of any age stop in and actually say hello/contribute. Conceivably, users are still downloading files so there are plenty of good sections to discuss shared interests with fellow downloaders here.

The 'regulars' here are far friendlier to people who want to actually discuss something (and have more than a single thought) than those just looking to gain access to somewhere else...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I don't believe in saving anything, even music as experience has shown me that we only truly appreciate the things that are transitory.
    well said

For Serving Community

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Fishy2's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I still torrent whatever films or music take my fancy just dont/cant be arsed to get involved with the social side of things anymore, to much bulshit around these days with most places, that and less time I spose as well

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Life happened and apparently life doesn't have time for bullshit. I only use a handful of sites that don't ban members for inactivity and other such crap.
    I am same. Those trackers that ban for inactivity are stupid. I mean the inactive user at some point in time can start being really ino torrent and have some free time and can decide to contribute a lot. Thats what i have done in some tracker that done ban for inactivity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12