Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminator Genisys

Poster
    Box Office: It's Judgment Day In America For 'Terminator Genisys' With $44M Holiday Weekend

omg this one i would say was the best one yet
    Last edited by f1kid; 07-05-2015 at 08:47 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I would say that you're out of your friggin' mind so that way at least one of us is right.

Btw just so I'll know, when exactly did they stop speaking English in England?
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    ups lmao dam key bourd batts gone .................................flat line

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Humour me, I'm only here for a few more days and then you can be as retarded as you want.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    27% fresh.Best Terminator film ever.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_genisys/

Remember how horrible Terminator:Rise of the Machines was and it even managed a 70% fresh.

Also even with the competition, $44 million over a five day "weekend" has to be seen as a major failure.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-05-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Humour me, I'm only here for a few more days and then you can be as retarded as you want.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    27% fresh.Best Terminator film ever.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_genisys/
    Jeebus! In comparison, Ted 2 has a 45%.

EDIT- Did expect Emilia Clarke to be a great casting for Sarah Connor, though...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 07-06-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    EDIT- Did expect Emilia Clarke to be a great casting for Sarah Connor, though...
    It's an affront to Linda Hamilton's work ethic in T2. Her physical transformation alone made that role.

Clarke's idea of 'hardened' is using a darker shade to pencil in her eyebrows.

Anyways, I enjoyed the first 30 minutes. The attention to detail in the 1984 scenes was much appreciated.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Finally gave it a watch last night now that a HDrip came out. Felt all but the very beginning was more of a Fan Fiction than a real part to the franchise. I felt no emotion for the characters, thought Emilia Clarke was to small and skinny to play the role, the John Connor thing was stupid, plot holes made the show weaker than it already was, no chemistry between the characters, no power from the performances.

If this had been the first Terminator, there wouldn't have been a second.

TL;DR version: Hollow, formulaic, weakly acted, unimaginative, and without chemistry.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Finally gave it a watch last night now that a HDrip came out. Felt all but the very beginning was more of a Fan Fiction than a real part to the franchise. I felt no emotion for the characters, thought Emilia Clarke was to small and skinny to play the role, the John Connor thing was stupid, plot holes made the show weaker than it already was, no chemistry between the characters, no power from the performances.

If this had been the first Terminator, there wouldn't have been a second.

TL;DR version: Hollow, formulaic, weakly acted, unimaginative, and without chemistry.
    Watched the first half and will watch the rest when I have time.In some places that would be seen as a pun.

Anyway thoughts so far.
    First and seriously who the fuck casts this shit? Jai Courtney? Is Kyle Reese now suppose to be a MMA fighter or something?Like I said I haven't yet seen it all but I actual hope Reese dies in this one.
    Next the writing is total shit in that what little plot there is is linked through a bunch of static dialogue scenes because whoever wrote it lacks the talent to tell a story otherwise.
    Thirdly, it did feel like fan fiction which isn't a compliment and redoing a bunch of old stuff with a twist only demonstrated how much better the old stuff was.
    Also, remember the great score from the original Terminator?This one doesn't have it.That and no poignancy* or artistry or intelligence.
    Actually about the only thing it does have going for it is J.K. Simmons that and Emilia Clarke being hot albeit overdressed but then again God forbid someone make a movie for adults like they did in 1984.

Anyway in a alternate,better universe this would be an actual parody and not simply play like one.

*Witness the difference between the nuclear blast scenes with one showing the kids in the park burned to ash and the other showing Golden Gate Bridge getting destroyed by a tidal wave and see what I mean.

For fuck sake.

User Reviews

Awesome!!!! i LOVED IT...30 June 2015 | by ericvr (United States)
    All I can is... this is a great movie. Long time Terminator fans, you will not be disappointed. It's not disjointed; its just smart and unpredictable.

Arnold was an 15 out of 10. The two leads (no spoilers) had great chemistry. Sure there were some implausible parts, but who cares. This is the ultimate popcorn movie with heart, laughs and guts. After reading a few low nerd reviews, I almost got discouraged and was going to see something else. I am so glad I went! I will definitely see it a few times in the theatres and then buy it keepsake - add it to the T collection. It was totally CLASSIC. It was way better than the last one for sure. GO ENJOY THE MOVIE!!!!! Hasta la vista baby..

Whoever said that everyone's entitled to their own opinion was obviously wrong.

I'd also like to point out as someone who has seen all the Terminator movies that the "old" Arnold is depressing to watch and should have stay retired and maintained a bit of dignity and the computer generate Arnold is just creepy looking .
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-09-2015 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    We're entirely on the same page with our disappointment. Just like the "new" Durassic Park, the film makers couldn't be assed to come up with an original score, nor could they even come up with a new catchphrase of their own.

JK Simmons was sadly only used for a bit of comic relief. Waste of his talent, IMO.

That review must be the result of bribing high school kids to write positive stuff about the movie, either that or Hollywood released fakes onto the filesharing community and we are all missing out on a TOTALLY better show.

The biggest hole I saw in the story (among many) was that the John Connor Bot could have been making thousands of human-terminators during his time waiting for the countdown. Instead of one, he could have replicated the fuck out of himself and created an invincible army to protect Skynet.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Also the minute you saw who they had playing John Connor and the fact that he's a career bad guy sort nullified of the twist
    .I mean even if you don't know who Jason Clarke is the fact Hollywood doesn't do subtle* and his face sort of gives it away.

*Arnie in the liquid metal vat after the spiel about it being harmless and it needs a chip to do anything.

I mean I know two year olds that would have said that was telegraphed.

Again a far cry from in one of the previous movies his "red light" goes out and we get some satisfaction from what comes after.

Seriously, man for the amount of money these people make you'd think they'd at least try.

Oh no sorry I forgot about baseball.

Edit Still not as bad as Ted 2 but then probably nothing including dying a slow and agonizing death from leprosy is.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-09-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast