Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Is Kodi the new Napster

Just wanted to pipe in with my 2 cents...

I've used Plex (still do) over the last God knows how many years. It is very easy to navigate and there isn't any waiting for streams to load or buffer issues and the quality is whatever quality I download.

I went back and forth with XBMC for a long while. I finally broke down and got a fire stick. Threw Kodi on it...took about a week to add TV shows and movies in my favorites and library and fully customize it. My 13yr old has no issues navigating and playing the shows. My 8yr old 90% of the time watches sports via sportsdevil on kodi and doesn't have any problems navigating to it since it's on the homescreen.
    When watching TV shows on Kodi I usually just choose "LQ" for no buffering issues. The quality isn't crap so it all works...for me
    The only recent issue I had was with sportsdevil and the streams not loading. Quick search on google let me know that it needed an update :-)

Time from time the kids will use plex for some TV shows, but they mostly use Kodi for that now and Plex for movie watching since everything is in the highest quality :-)

2. File Sharing   -   #52
    So is/will be there any functionality to the Kodi that will allow media file sharing like in Napster?

3. File Sharing   -   #53
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I'll be ordering a fire stick tomorrow. And instead of searching I'm just coming to this thread to ask a million questions about it and Kodi.

Just a heads up fools

4. File Sharing   -   #54
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I'll be ordering a fire stick tomorrow. And instead of searching I'm just coming to this thread to ask a million questions about it and Kodi.

Just a heads up fools
    Consider buying the $100 version, if possible. You'll be happier long-term, I think.

Good to see you, Funkin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. File Sharing   -   #55
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

Just a heads up fools
    Get an Android media box instead of an Amazon branded product. You'll have probably twice the amount of questions, but it'll be worth it. I have a cheaper generic one, but I've been completely happy with it ever since I set it up.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. File Sharing   -   #56
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Get an Android media box instead of an Amazon branded product. You'll have probably twice the amount of questions, but it'll be worth it. I have a cheaper generic one, but I've been completely happy with it ever since I set it up.
    What are the benefits, Mary? Personally, I enjoy the heck out of my Amazon Prime benefits. What am I missing out on by using the Amazon boxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. File Sharing   -   #57
    Semi-related: it says Napster in the thread title, and I stumbled upon a quite interesting article about that recently.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/ali-aydar/...king-for-them/
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. File Sharing   -   #58
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    What are the benefits, Mary? Personally, I enjoy the heck out of my Amazon Prime benefits. What am I missing out on by using the Amazon boxes?
    I'm in a situation where I can't rely on streaming speeds, so it's all schedule for download and watch in a few days.

They simply handle the content with ease, and there's a stable version of Kodi that runs on Android. I control it with my phone, and it has optical out for my soundbar. It's like, ideal. I only wish I spent a little more to get the one that can decode H.265 so that I can feel superior.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456