Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Kodi the new Napster

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

So what format do you prefer to stream or use??

I still like to use .avi first and foremost for everyday movies, mp4 for tv series, and full action movies .TS(true BD rips 30-50gigs) or .mkv.
    All of those seem to play in anything and can be streamed without any degrading (wired not Wi-Fi).
    I am really noticing a few guys posting using .mp4 in 720 and 1080 formats with smaller files (loose sound quality)...
    And any re encode is going to have lesser quality from the true BD rip..
    Generally as a rule, trout.

Then again I was raised on the principle that what a fish looks like isn't as important as it's taste.

PS Until this precise moment I wasn't aware that you were ghey.Not that I didn't have my suspicions mind you.

Oh sorry,shay. I thought I was talking to Grimbley.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Oh sorry,shay. I thought I was talking to Grimbley.
    Why because he wasn`t being a direct arse or just because you couldn`t read an English sentence?

... and now I`ve posted once more where I said I wouldn`t. Some might think me an a-hole if I offered up fake torrent share invitations so at least I can bubble up beyond that pond scum level

For shay (as I already replied anyway).
    My fav is going for NFS shares from the main PC (on 24/7 anyway and has own UPS - bit overkill granted). I then use TVersity as a UPnP service (but I have to softice each time to get past the online license check but that is fine for personal use ). NFS services are supplied via HaneWIN nfs server.
    Clients are:- my tv (the upnp requirement) and a couple of Pi2`s (bedroom and kitchen). Network wise is all cat5e with a switch in the loft (attic?) and one down in the living room (lounge?). Kitchen is serviced via a powerline adaptor (just because it was easy and nothing more required)

I must recommend a Pi2 with OpenElec.... unless I was Idol, in that case I would install a gudgeon and boast a lot about the size of my fish based server

I now return to waiting for the 1/2 Gb update for World of Tanks (couple on mins). I hope to meet Idol one day on the battlefield
    Last edited by Gribley; 09-02-2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Bored

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    What the fuck? Meg, why do you keep describing Kodi as a niche external streaming player or whatever definition you gave? It plays local files just like Plex, and there are extensions that allow it to play linked, external content.

The original question is poorly thought out. Shame. Shame. Shame.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    The difference between you and me Gribly is that I only pretend to think I know everything while you apparently honestly believe you know everything.

Concerning those "fake" invites .I suggest you ask about their veracity to the people that I gave them to.

PS Not an actual battlefield. Anyway my preferred form of conflict resolution involves more understanding and compromise and failing that alcohol and parking lots and less the ghey pixels and pastie skin so highly unlikely.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    The difference between you and me Gribly

OK you still can`t spell my handle/name. Well done on that front, I`m am very upset.

Did you not pretend to leave and ask people to beg for invites that you offered? Do I know if anyone ever got an invite?, no... and why would I as you did it private

If you want to go to your local parking lot and show yourself as you really are (and if you walk away) then I`ll be happy to take your living status as not the a-hole you project

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Did you not pretend to leave and ask people to beg for invites that you offered?
    No and no.I wanted to leave as this place is like banging your head against a brick wall only not nearly as fun but I'm apparently a junkie and this is my crack and I did give invites away and not that you care, obviously but to my regret as several of those people turned out to be dicks.

Sorry I didn't understand the last part beyond "wahhhh" so I can't comment on that except why do people, supposed adults no less use stuff like a-hole or f@#k when everybody viewing it simply reads it as asshole and fuck anyway?

Before you reply please remember that you said you were only going to post the once and you've already gone back on that word,liar.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Going to call it enough now.

I know the way this will go and is yet again nothing to do with the original topic.

I am going back to the happy NZB section and ignoring your fine self Mr Idle

I posted this without reading your latest episode. Do I cry, yes, just like all real people.
    Last edited by Gribley; 09-02-2015 at 04:37 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Going to call it enough now.

I know the way this will go and is yet again nothing to do with the original topic.

I am going back to the happy NZB section and ignoring your fine self Mr Idle
    ie Things didn't go the way I wanted so I'm taking my toys and going home.

Before that though it should noted that you were the one that originally derailed it , unnecessarily bringing your unhealthy obsession with me into it.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    That will indeed be your point of view forever

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Probably because it's true.

Also there you go with the absolutes, thinking that you somehow know everything.

Answer me this.Did you or did you not try to bait me in your first two posts in this thread, knowing full well what would likely follow?

Seriously Gribey is you need someone to blame for what has transpired maybe first consider yourself.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast