Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Kodi the new Napster

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Yo mamma transcodes poorly.
    Shit.. I now need Idol to the rescue from a hostile environment ...OH VEY!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    kodi coming never be napster

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    ya why not it is possible

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    its not same and kodi are diff to napster, one day are file there nest day are not same like tv ch there

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    This is just a one off return (I shall not repeat).

Really can KODI (XMBC/XBMP) really be the total solution. Yes it can but why the hell would you stream when you can just download from Idols personal vault of all good TV shows via NNTP? Sorry he is actually just a torrent boy....

Anyway get yourself a Pi2, setup an NFS server and enjoy. You can then fanny about with the XXX channels as much as you like within TVaddons (a KODI addon)

Meg:- I transcode to with no I-frames, I`m hard core

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    This is just a one off return (I shall not repeat).

Really can KODI (XMBC/XBMP) really be the total solution. Yes it can but why the hell would you stream when you can just download from Idols personal vault of all good TV shows via NNTP? Sorry he is actually just a torrent boy....

Anyway get yourself a Pi2, setup an NFS server and enjoy. You can then fanny about with the XXX channels as much as you like within TVaddons (a KODI addon)

Meg:- I transcode to with no I-frames, I`m hard core
    Welcome back, Grimley.

As for your post, I tend to agree. XBMC is great when you find a server offering what you want, but lacks and permanence for a variety of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Just the one more post.... (I`m not coming back and replace my B as much as you like)

It can work via TVaddons and a few extensions but is a pain and why would anyone really bother.

Yes the extensions from Kodi are problematic at best. It is not a good way and I would not choose it myself to watch TV/Films/Other myself. I go only with what I could pass to my parents to use and this isn`t it ....

The only alternative is really getting on Idols private super secret network or card sharing. Whichever works out cheaper with soul selling.

Meg :- your evil doggy was still the best. Now you have a cute singing penguin so I am very consfused

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Now you have a cute singing penguin so I am very consfused
    You need to be a fan of Adventure Time to get my joke. This will give you some idea, but what the soul-eating vampire says is true...

Last edited by megabyteme; 09-01-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It can work via TVaddons and a few extensions but is a pain and why would anyone really bother.

Yes the extensions from Kodi are problematic at best. It is not a good way and I would not choose it myself to watch TV/Films/Other myself. I go only with what I could pass to my parents to use and this isn`t it ....
    The only problem with demanding everything to be perfect is that nothing really is.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Welcome back, Gribley.

Fixed

And I second that!!

Nice to see you here Gribley and sharing your thoughts

The only problem with demanding everything to be perfect is that nothing really is.
    So what format do you prefer to stream or use??

I still like to use .avi first and foremost for everyday movies, mp4 for tv series, and full action movies .TS(true BD rips 30-50gigs) or .mkv.
    All of those seem to play in anything and can be streamed without any degrading (wired not Wi-Fi).
    I am really noticing a few guys posting using .mp4 in 720 and 1080 formats with smaller files (loose sound quality)...
    And any re encode is going to have lesser quality from the true BD rip..
    Last edited by shaina; 09-02-2015 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast