Thread: Original cartridge or third party.

I am going to replace ink cartridge and my printer is out of guarantee, so which will be better, original brand or third party?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just find out what model your work uses, buy the same, then steal future cartridges from the supply room. Also a good source for paper and pens.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Just find out what model your work uses, buy the same, then steal future cartridges from the supply room. Also a good source for paper and pens.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonsupport View Post
    I am going to replace ink cartridge and my printer is out of guarantee, so which will be better, original brand or third party?
    I can't imagine many scenarios where the original brand isn't better than a third party option. Barring a massive discount on another brand, just buy the original. And for most of them (like HP), if you sign up for discounts and such on their website, you'll get a 10% off coupon within 24hrs. After that you can just unsubscribe.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    We switched out of inkjet a couple years ago, and went to laser. The Brother branded toner is ~$58 IIRC, while Newegg has a knockoff (which has been trouble free and high quality) for $20-$25 depending on sale.

Laser is quicker, cheaper, and trouble free. I'd go to color laser before I'd go back to the cost per page and dried up cartridges of inkjet.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    We switched out of inkjet a couple years ago, and went to laser. The Brother branded toner is ~$58 IIRC, while Newegg has a knockoff (which has been trouble free and high quality) for $20-$25 depending on sale.
    Laser is quicker, cheaper, and trouble free. I'd go to color laser before I'd go back to the cost per page and dried up cartridges of inkjet.
    Funny I was always a Canon guy when it came to printers , but the ink just didn't last and it was pricey even at Costco or local computer store..

Then I tried Brother supposed to be the best on retaining and not wasting ink , and within 2 days it was back In the box and returned to the store .. The bloody thing would constantly take multiple papers in at the same time and jam up...

Finally I went to HP and so far it has been the best Inkjet printer I have owned , plus the ink has lasted longer than any other , and I always used original ink cartridges (they have a larger amounts of ink in there tanks at fair pricing )..
    Buddy of mine use to buy the big bottles and fill it up himself and bypass the chip so it would work ... But what a bloody mess that was , and I said it was not for me , especially to get that ink off your hands and everywhere else...
    Too each there own but I would recommend HP printers (especially if you are a Mac user but I am not) without question and I bought mine at Costco , and no one was even close on the price for the same model , not even the internet....

Hey Meg...
    Do you guys get hit with a waste tax charge for Printers and other PC parts/accessories ???
    Last edited by shaina; 07-21-2015 at 04:23 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Hey Meg...
    Do you guys get hit with a waste tax charge for Printers and other PC parts/accessories ???
    Ummm... 'Merkin/Non-Californian- being wasteful is our birthright. :freedom:

PS If you wish to remain friends, NEVER refer to me as a Mac user.

How often do you really need color? Inkjets just dry up.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 07-21-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Hey Meg...
    Ummm... 'Merkin/Non-Californian- being wasteful is our birthright. :freedom:
    PS If you wish to remain friends, NEVER refer to me as a Mac user.
    How often do you really need color? Inkjets just dry up.
    Here they reduce one tax then they find other ways you will have to pay more tax on something stupid and needed for every day life .... That dam free Obama health care
    No Macs in this house (Iphones Yes a few..) , and i have better names to call you so no worries on that K.....
    My Wife and Kids still use Color I very rarely use the printer , only for confirmation reciepts on some payments (if i remember to push black or grey scale only) , and i would'nt lie , 2 of my previous printers did screw up because of lack of color usage.. I have had this HP for a while and it seems to be better than other brands from the past i used ....
    And when you don't have it that is when you need it ..... You know Friggin Kids!! and of course the Wife......
    Last edited by shaina; 07-21-2015 at 10:01 PM.