Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your media streaming choice at home and away?

Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    I'm looking for a new way to access all my media on other machines than the torrenting computer, and I am looking for something simple to install, setup, and use. I don't want it to rename files or change them in any manner. What do you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Plex works really well.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'd give a second nod to Plex. Works for me on PC-PC, PC-Phone (local and remote), PC-Tablet, and PC-FireTV. Very few problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Roku 3 and chromecast ,"Play To " feature in windows 8.1 >> PC >> TV
    Last edited by Enlightened; 08-08-2015 at 12:07 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    So you are suggesting he purchase 2 devices that he doesn't have, then hook his television to his PC.

Much better than a $5 (or free) program that will allow him to stream to any of his devices.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    So you are suggesting he purchase 2 devices that he doesn't have, then hook his television to his PC.

Much better than a $5 (or free) program that will allow him to stream to any of his devices.
    Fuckin eh, Plex is amazing. I have used it for 5+ years and it's always getting better. The only problem I have is no support for video_ts, used to work fine but they stripped it out a few years ago. I am still slowly moving my collection to mkv.

You'd have to be high to use win 8.1 play to........oh wait, nevermind

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by pootystomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Fuckin eh, Plex is amazing. I have used it for 5+ years and it's always getting better. The only problem I have is no support for video_ts, used to work fine but they stripped it out a few years ago. I am still slowly moving my collection to mkv.

You'd have to be high to use win 8.1 play to........oh wait, nevermind
    Yeah, I must be high to Upload 10 TB of my Media to Plex.LOL
    Furthermore,with Chromecast, I can do screen mirroring,and choose any file I need to play instantly from any external drive,Roku 3 . I can watch Netflix, hulu +, HBO and 3,000 more channels,,,,,,I think we are comparing apples and Oranges

And one does not even needf a Smart TV to use roku 3 and chromecast.......

All u need is a HDMI ports

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    I would need to install Plex on all these devices then? What are the advantages/disadvantages of paying for it? Is it worth it to do so? I don't really need anything fancy, I just want to stream my stuff. Also, I don't even own a TV of any sort, so the Roku is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    I would need to install Plex on all these devices then? What are the advantages/disadvantages of paying for it? Is it worth it to do so? I don't really need anything fancy, I just want to stream my stuff. Also, I don't even own a TV of any sort, so the Roku is out.
    Looks like Plex is the winner for u,if u do NOT EVEN OWN A TV then, I guess u can stream it onto your cell phone,ipad,Tablet?? - best of all, u won't have to spend a dime !!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    You install Plex Media Server on your main PC, then find the appropriate Plex App for your device(s) does PC-PC, also. There's no real advantage to paying for it, but it is one of a handful that I have purchased anyway. They update regularly and aren't bothersome. They have a "premium" service which adds features and lets you use new ones before anyone else, but it is great as is.

NOT EVEN OWN A TV then, I guess u can stream it onto your cell phone,ipad,Tablet??
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-08-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast