Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: football

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Also notice I didn't rag on golf even though the way the commentators speak of a game of trying to hit a little ball in a hole with such sanctity makes me want to vomit and not in a good way.
    Hey everyone is entitled to there own opinion.... I just find that if I didn't have any interest in some sports, that would mean I have to spend more time with the wife and kids.

Nah!!..... It would mean my dick would be so sore from masturbating... You know with all the extra free time I would have on those rainy days(I figured you could relate to that ....plus I hate playing golf in the rain!!)...

PS. There are times when I turn the volume off watching golf on tv, I can't stand the comments Johnny Miller makes on some of the shots and players...He is the Don Cherry of golf, if you know what I mean

2. Lounge   -   #32
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    What amazes me about you....
    You never comment on MLB Baseball really being the only sport without a salary cap. Saying that, it looks like the Blue Jays really did buy a great team this year

And I do like when the world series is won on our side of the Border, considering they seem to have the Stanley Cup on there side for a looooooooong time now...

Well I shouldn't say that, considering the Cup is stored in Toronto , and really the top players in the NHL are Canadian., so it is on our side most of the time
    Last edited by shaina; 08-29-2015 at 06:49 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    What amazes me about you....
    You never comment on MLB Baseball really being the only sport without a salary cap.
    Probably because I follow team sports so little that I had no idea that was fact.

I think the Patriots might have won the Superbowl only because I think I read something about Brady whining that he got caught cheating and they may suspend him and he'll miss a couple games and have to make due with just being rich and famous with a super model wife and having an otherwise perfect life so I feel he's completely justified in crying about being hard done by.Or at least in his own mind.

As to who won either the World Series or whatever the basketball thing is called I have no idea.

I am neither proud or ashamed of that fact in much the same way people are neither proud or ashamed they have no clue who Geraint Thomas is.
    Some things just are.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Well.... that makes sense considering I had to look up Geraint Thomas and what he did... Was he ever put on a Wheaties box??

PS. And that would be the NBA Championship as far as I know....But I hope you know it is called the Stanley Cup for hockey
    Last edited by shaina; 08-29-2015 at 10:37 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Idol...

I am still trying to figure out why the MLB final is calld the World Series. The only answer I would have for that is a lot of players do come from outside North America, especially the Dominican Republic. Other than that, I would figure the UK is busy watching Cricket
    Last edited by shaina; 08-30-2015 at 01:31 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    NBA champions are also known as World Champions. Nothing like a mutual ski-wank.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    NBA champions are also known as World Champions. Nothing like a mutual ski-wank.
    Maybe in the UK but not here

Does the Cricket championship have a different name??

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    List of NBA World Champions Since 1947

http://www.fanbay.net/nba/nbachampions.htm

EDIT: According to wikipedia, it was known as the world championship until 1982

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Finals
    Last edited by Something Else; 08-30-2015 at 02:35 AM.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Between 1985 and 2013, the winner of the NBA Finals was determined through a 2–3–2 format: the first and last two games of the series being played at the arena of the team who earned home court advantage by having the better record during the regular season (the team with home-court went 21–8 between '85 & '13). Most NBA Finals series were played under the 2–2–1–1–1 format (Games 1 and 2 at home for the higher seeded team, Games 3 and 4 at home for the lower seeded team, Game 5 at the higher, Game 6 at the lower, and Game 7 at the higher) prior to 1985; the Finals returned to this format in 2014.[1] The series was named the BAA Finals from 1947 to 1949 and then changed to the NBA World Championship Series from 1950 to 1982. The following two years, the league used Showdown '83 and Showdown '84. It returned to NBA World Championship Series in 1985, before settling on NBA Finals in 1986.

I'm showing my age.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Is it not 2015 now?? What happened to the 5 years not posted on that site??

Thanks for the link, but when you google NBA it is not even in the top 5 to come up, and I never hear anyone use the word "World" when it comes to basketball...

The same would go for Hockey, that would be the Stanley Cup Champions, not World champions, but if you choose to use it, makes no difference to me...

Now how about my Cricket question??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast