Thread: football

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I mean which gay idiot thinks that guys prefer watching this

over this

or even this

Sharks are funny because it isn't me.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Commagate.

Anyway can we move beyond this and figure out the reason why all American sports either involve long periods of people standing around talking or gas engines?
    I'm pretty sure that American sport is only watched by Americans. They are quite a modern thing and very silly.

I do like to watch the NBA on occasion. I also love hypocrites and people with poor grammer.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Gay football eh. What is the world coming to?
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Gay football eh. What is the world coming to?
    Was that some sort of nock to us Canadians out there?? Or being known as North Americans??

You could have used Huh instead of eh....

Plus I am trying to figure out the excitement of watching soccer??.... Athletes with great cardio and able to run pretty fast, get bumped or slightly clipped, stay on the ground for 20 minutes or longer screaming in pain, then get up, and then run faster than they did before the claim they were hurt. Faking for a yellow or red card much!!
    Now that is a real sport to watch for hours of entertainment
    Football in North America at least shows skills and resiliency, durability and talent all in one sport... You need soccer and rugby together to equal that in the UK...
    Last edited by shaina; 08-29-2015 at 05:53 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Commagate.
    Anyway can we move beyond this and figure out the reason why all American sports either involve long periods of people standing around talking or gas engines?
    Between Nascar and F1... Are they not the most watched sports in the world?? They are defiantly the highest paid athletes in the world.

What is your list of sports you like to watch or entertains you??

For me it is....

Hockey (live or tv , and there isn't much standing around in this sport )
    NFL Football (try to go to a few games in Buffalo and Florida but mainly view on tv)
    Golf (Live is way better to view/watch)
    Baseball (Playoffs mainly)
    Various Car racing (Like being there live to watch)
    Tennis
    Last edited by shaina; 08-29-2015 at 05:46 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I watch cycling, not because it's entertaining because most of the time it frankly isn't but because I've bled in those same trenches and empathize with the riders pain when crunch time comes.

I also watch track and field but mostly for the middle distance events although as of late at big events they have gone to shit with the standard jog around the track and sprint hard in the last 400 metres whether you have any chance of winning like that or not.Where's Steve Prefontaine when you need him?So in short basically money has ruined another fantastic sport.

That's about it.
    I used to follow hockey before I became a Leaf fan and it became pointless and tennis when I could still pronounce most of the names.I could probably get into soccer but for the diving as a sport is as much defined by the players as the game and the players seem to be a bunch cheating cunts.

I don't follow baseball as I already get enough sleep nor boxing/MMA because frankly it's disgraceful that anyone should consider two people trying to hurt one another a form of entertainment.
    Auto racing is loud and obnoxious as most of it's fans.

Football,?Well let's just say I morally oppose anything that considers itself more important that Christmas or peace in the Middle East.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-29-2015 at 06:11 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I don't know if I should say thanks for sharing, or be scared to ask you your likes in the future

Is track and field televised every week?? Meaning there is pro/armature competition every week?

And I actually forgot MMA fighting... I use to watch Boxing all the time but it just has so much controversy, and left in the judges hands, Bias just became too much of the sport.
    And when it does come to MMA, you could look at some of it to be considered self defense/discipline training as well, and then being put on display that it works in reality

And I do like your analogy of Football... There is a sport that all across America, they go mental for. And we are not even talking about Pro level, but Jr and college, shit the stadiums built for College level are bigger than Pro stadiums (Over one hundred thousand).

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I don't know if I should say thanks for sharing, or be scared to ask you your likes in the future
    Youse roll the dice and youse takes your chances.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Youse roll the dice and youse takes your chances.
    That's why you are the......

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Also notice I didn't rag on golf even though the way the commentators speak of a game of trying to hit a little ball in a hole with such sanctity makes me want to vomit and not in a good way.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast