Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So...

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Just because I decided to have fun once and piss in the air.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 10-01-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Nasa scientists find evidence of flowing water on Mars

Researchers say discovery of stains from summertime flows down cliffs and crater walls increases chance of finding life on red planet.

Liquid water runs down canyons and crater walls over the summer months on Mars, according to researchers who say the discovery raises the chances of being home to some form of life.

The trickles leave long, dark stains on the Martian terrain that can reach hundreds of metres downhill in the warmer months, before they dry up in the autumn as surface temperatures drop.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...ing-water-mars
    The sensible part of me truly doesn't give a fuck.Now give them another billion dollars to discover remotely worthwhile.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Welp, we already know there's a fuckton of oxygen tied up in the martian soil. Hence the red. And there should be more in the polar regions. Now, if we managed to somehow pump enough greenhouse gasses into the martian atmosphere we could, in theory, release some of that oxygen into the air, eventually making it breathable. I think the presence of flowing water would help speed up the process, 'cos some of that stuff has to get into the air, too, if it's warm enough to flow.

We're still talking centuries to get there, but the way people in parts of the world are procreating, and lately, gracing us with their presences, while others are doing their best to produce those greenhouse gasses and whatnot, here, I figure some room to expand will be desirable if things keep going as they do.
    Last edited by Snee; 10-04-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12