Thread: Files with passwords after unrar-ing twice

I have been searching around to see if there was a reason for all of the files that are password "protected" but have seen nothing.
    It has become increasingly common and is so annoying, and a huge waste of bandwidth.
    Am I missing something?
    I would think there would be a huge commotion about it.

Thanks ahead of time for any helpful comments.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Hey menaceyotc, not sure why nobody has responded to your question so here's my opinion for what it's worth: just chalk it up to a waste of bandwidth as most just include links to a fake survey site that I'm sure is just fishing for your personal info ,esp financial stuff and info to steal your identity. run away as fast as you can you will never ever finish their survey or get the promised password , wait a while if the file is legit another real version will appear in a few days or so, I just figure it's an exercise in patience ,witch I'm in short supply of ; but, it's just the way I see it I may be wrong if anyone else ha a more accurate response I would love to hear it as well . (This is why I don't post very often;I never know when to stop typing )

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by nzbman View Post
    I'm sure is just fishing for your personal info
    phishing you mean.... I think however you are correct about the password pointless survey side and I just delete such crap and find a better clean post

You shouldn`t find any of that junk here, but if you have then just add a comment on the NZB post in question and the poster/mod will delete or sort it out.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Hey menaceyotc, not sure why nobody has responded to your question ....
    You have three posts in tens years.I don't think that you're the right person to be asking that question.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Hey menaceyotc, not sure why nobody has responded to your question ....
    You have three posts in tens years.I don't think that you're the right person to be asking that question.
    let us not go into to the spilling errors or extra special use of ;

When did we all start putting a space before a comma , I just don`t understand; <= it relates. next statement would be something about me not understanding but that is a given

...and now we are off topic once more. Not that there was much of a topic* anyway

*excellent nutty bar