Thread: PayPal to discontinue all business with Usenet providers?

stryk's Avatar Poster

Urgent

just got this email from FastUsenet [emphasis mine]:

As of November 1st, 2015 Fast Usenet will no longer be accepting PayPal payments. We are disappointed to inform you that PayPal is no longer willing to work with Usenet providers. Over the coming weeks and months PayPal plans on ending service with all providers. Because of this we’ve had to cancel your subscription to Fast Usenet. Your service will remain in effect until your final date of billing. We understand that some people feel more comfortable using PayPal. We apologize that we can no longer offer their service.

PayPal Payments Suspended: If you receive an email from PayPal stating that Usenet Services, LLC has suspended your billing agreement this is due to PayPal discontinuing service.

The good news! We still are able to accept payment via our secure credit card processor USAePay. USAePay has been processing online transactions for over 15 years and has a proven record in the industry for being both reliable and secure.

Save 10% - Now that we no longer have to pay PayPal’s high transaction fees, we are moving the savings along to you. Because you were a previous PayPal customer we are giving you the option to save 10% on your Usenet account. Simply visit the link below to sign up.

Has anyone else gotten notices from their providers concerning this? I'm always leery about using CC's online anyway, never mind giving info to some unknown processor... the fuck is USAePay?! PayPal was at least somewhat safer...

This sucks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I ran into problems with Astraweb (on paypal through a third party processor) a month ago; gave up trying to straighten it out, particularly as Astra has been having so many problems with completion and such for at least the last several months.

So gave it up; moved to Newshosting for 'primary' work although I've always had a Giganews account since the stone age.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I've used Usenetserver since forever. Never had a problem using my cc through their payment page.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    ran into this issue as well, ended up with usenetbucket - very happy after 4 years

5. Newsgroups   -   #5

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I stop bothering with paypal. Just go get prepaid gift card Visa if you want to be anonymous

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by newzbie View Post
    I stop bothering with paypal. Just go get prepaid gift card Visa if you want to be anonymous
    bec i am in thailand i have no prob with paypal

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by newzbie View Post
    Good tip! Thank you