Thread: 11.22.63 A new miniseries based on the Stephen King book.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    This is for you,Stehle. Next to Annie Wilkes, the biggest Stephen King fan I know.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/19/9...o-stephen-king

Too bad they couldn't have landed Matthew McConaughey for the lead like they wanted though.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Thank you IDOL!!! I read / listened to the book a couple of years back.... EXCELLENT!!!

One bad ass JFK conspiracy! Time travel, alternate futures.... I won't give anymore away.

(It will make "Under The Dome" look like an episode of "Barney" if they stick to the 8 parts or even close to the book!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 11-22-2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: All I Can say is.....WOW! ;-)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    New "Official" Trailer...

EDIT: Okay, it looks like one episode per week starting Feb15, 8 episodes spanning three months (No binge watching on Presidents Day. ), but here is what I have found from snooping around the Hulu site. (NOTE! This below link will contain SPOILERS!), but for those brave book purists who may want to know how closely it may follow the book... Remember you have been warned!

The Real Stuff

Read the book then enjoy!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "What if you could change the past?"

6 more days...

(Link above is from my "Press Kit" , but so far it seems it may be pretty close to the book!)

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    A review.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/11-22-6...g-hulu-series/

I shall watch if only because it has to be better than what else is on.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    “Time is a flat circle.” - Matthew McConaughey’s (Rust Cohle)

Too True and thank you for that review Idol!

Only 3 days left!

(Your review link only confirmed my close to the book position.)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Yeah there's a website that gives a episode by episode breakdown of the series( very spoilerish so I didn't post) and it seems to stay pretty close to the book.

You know that I'm not overly big on sci-fi but I think that's because a lot is based on concept and doesn't worry about humanizing the situation.I think the book at least, like most of King's work, does this well.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    It also can be a... love story.

(Over the ages... {sigh}...)

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Okay, after two episodes it seems a bit out of the books order, but close in many ways. I still look forward to the third installment in this miniseries.

(Dramatizations Mr King? In the future when you have written a winner please don't let Hollywood mess with it.)

(...you definitely shouldn't need the money. 'nuff said.
    )
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-24-2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: 'nuff said

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I'm liking this show. Never heard of it, but came across it by accident. Glad I gave it a chance. Since I know nothing of the story, I'm really wondering how it's going to end. Wondering if it will stay true to history or go off on a tangent.