Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MKV problem.

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpybear2000 View Post
    get fucked mega
    Instead of attacking him and proving him right!!!!
    Still waiting for more information on your end for help if you want it???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    get fucked mega
    Nothing sums you up better than this, TBH...

i only ask questions if i need help
    But you contribute NOTHING. Ever. And your questions are all usually just the same- "I downloaded something that isn't AVI." Well, don't do that for the 10th time...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-17-2016 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    i have download 15 mkv converters today and not one reconise the file, i have played the file and know its ok. i dont need comments like yours mega your problem is you dont like to help those who may not have knowledge you do (maybe not sure). If you were a bit like Shaina you would be a nicer person.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It is possible that the file is not actually a real .mkv, which is merely a container of a .mpg file (which really should be easier to play on nearly any kind of file than an .avi.)

Try this:

Copy one of the files so that you can play with it without damaging the one you downloaded.

Rename the file extension to .mpg

See if it plays on your tv player, or gets recognized by reencoding software..

*Make sure you are actually changing the extension and not just adding .mpg to the end. Look up instructions on doing so, if you are unsure.
    ---------------------
    If the above does not work, try renaming extension to .avi then attempt to play again.

Mpg files are often larger than avi files- for the length of the episodes, are these larger than you normally download? Size may give you a clue as to what kind of file you actually have. Some players simply play without 'concerning themselves' with proper encoding types if they have the correct codecs.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-17-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    i have download 15 mkv converters today and not one reconise the file, i have played the file and know its ok. i dont need comments like yours mega your problem is you dont like to help those who may not have knowledge you do (maybe not sure). If you were a bit like Shaina you would be a nicer person.
    As i said Bear2000.... MKV is a true extension of Blu-rays(a container file), and if that was already made it is not the main source to try to convert into an AVI... That is why it is not working....
    Again do me a favor and find an MP4 show (any one!!) and put that on your drive and see if it works on the TV in the bus
    If that does great, now most of your downloads for TV show you are looking for will be much easier to find, and like i said it is just an extension!!
    and it is kind of the new standard people are using...
    Let me know if it works then i can point you to places to find the shows you are looking for ok??

Regards
    Shay

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It is possible that the file is not actually a real .mkv, which is merely a container of a .mpg file (which really should be easier to play on nearly any kind of file than an .avi.)
    Try this:
    Copy one of the files so that you can play with it without damaging the one you downloaded.
    Rename the file extension to .mpg
    See if it plays on your tv player, or gets recognized by reencoding software..
    *Make sure you are actually changing the extension and not just adding .mpg to the end. Look up instructions on doing so, if you are unsure.
    ---------------------If the above does not work, try renaming extension to .avi then attempt to play again.
    Mpg files are often larger than avi files- for the length of the episodes, are these larger than you normally download? Size may give you a clue as to what kind of file you actually have. Some players simply play without 'concerning themselves' with proper encoding types if they have the correct codecs.
    That never works
    When it is encoded into MKV format it is done usually from the original source..
    I think i have seen people convert it into DVD format (ISO or VOB), but never avi....and to do it properly it takes forever!!!!
    As for changing the extension... when you do that it may play for a few seconds and you get excited, then it starts to shudder!!!! and then you get a message this format is not recognized or it shuts off
    The good encoders split the Video and sound files up and re encode to MKV... or the voice is usually off when you use some of those shitty programs to convert or it just changes the file extension and won't play at all....

That is why i keep suggesting MP4 files... they should play

If someone has ripped the series from a Blu-ray source(guaranteed!!), it is a real MKV file
    And as far as i can tell it is not a new player (not even close!!!), or he could play MKV files right
    What is also strange to me is he is plugging in the Hard Drive into the TV?? what program/software is encoding period???
    Last edited by shaina; 01-17-2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Ok Shay and Mega thanks to you both for your help and advice, i just got a email message to try " iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe" and guess what it work so looks like with everyones help you have helped me solve my problem. Have a great year

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Ok Shay and Mega thanks to you both for your help and advice, i just got a email message to try " iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe" and guess what it work so looks like with everyones help you have helped me solve my problem. Have a great year
    As i just said... Beware on alot of these so called quick and easy converters, most of them don't work properly!! they may be playback but the voice is off or it will start to studder...(been there done that), and they take hours to do it properly, if it takes a short time on the program suggested, do one episode and see if it works all the way through the show in your player..
    Let us know if that one really does work?? If not test out MP4 format and go from there

Regards
    Shay

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files
    Who would even think the TV needs to be replaced? There are connections in the back of your TV that lets you connect devices to it. Get the right device and connector, and you won't have to worry about file formats. For example, an Android phone with the mxplayer app will play everything, and there are a variety of ways to hook a phone up to a TV. That's just one example out of hundreds of solutions.

A bus?

You're probably not hauling around a large screen. Get a tablet.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files
    Who would even think the TV needs to be replaced? There are connections in the back of your TV that lets you connect devices to it. Get the right device and connector, and you won't have to worry about file formats. For example, an Android phone with the mxplayer app will play everything, and there are a variety of ways to hook a phone up to a TV. That's just one example out of hundreds of solutions.
    A bus?
    Been there suggested that I am assuming it is actually a Motor Home or something like that and it is built in, shit if he is bringing a Play Station(xbox360 not friendly with MKV files either) or even a laptop, that could be used to plug in and use the TV as a monitor only!!!
    But he is saying he plugs a portable hard drive into the TV only???

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    A bus?
    Been there suggested that I am assuming it is actually a Motor Home or something like that and it is built in, shit if he is bringing a Play Station(xbox360 not friendly with MKV files either) or even a laptop, that could be used to plug in and use the TV as a monitor only!!!
    But he is saying he plugs a portable hard drive into the TV only???
    I don't know, but I didn't spend much time on the reply. It seemed a lost cause the moment he revealed that replacing the TV was on the table of suggestions.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast