Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MKV problem.

All my movies are in AVI format, but today i download 48 tv shows and there MKV files. Problem is converting them to Avi the programs i have been using wont reconize them as movie files, i have been using Movavi and Freemake. They do play so i know they are ok, need to find a program to solve my problem guys.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpybear2000 View Post
    All my movies are in AVI format, but today i download 48 tv shows and there MKV files. Problem is converting them to Avi the programs i have been using wont reconize them as movie files, i have been using Movavi and Freemake. They do play so i know they are ok, need to find a program to solve my problem guys.
    A few options....
    -Load/Install VLC Player on your PC and everything will play fine
    -Look for MP4 copies(SD-X264) and will play fine(usually not in 720 or 1080 format tho)
    -Buy an external player that plays/streams MKV files (basically muxed blu-ray format/extension and every player on the planet does now)
    -Put files on a key and plug into a smart tv or blu-ray player and that should work
    As for converting MKV files?? Not the greatest idea

Good luck!!
    Last edited by shaina; 01-17-2016 at 05:27 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I already know those ideas but i will be travelling for 5yrs in my bus, i just want everything the same so there is no hassles. Not about to go changing from one format to another why i want to convert to avi.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I already know those ideas but i will be travelling for 5yrs in my bus, i just want everything the same so there is no hassles. Not about to go changing from one format to another why i want to convert to avi.
    Well as far as i am concerned, they are trying to make MKV the new standard of file compression, and nothing is going to change that..

As for converting MKV files into something else?? I have seen lots of programs to convert or mux into MKV but none in converting opposite??
    And if you know all the alternatives?? I would assume you are smart enough to know that......
    AVI is a great and universal compression but getting old, MP4 has taken over in the TV section as well as MKV for HD on pretty much all the NZB sites i use, so saying that i just tried to help you out
    MKV is a tighter smaller compression file, and takes up less space on a drive to get better quality than AVI....(and it is a Mux file out of a Blu-ray)
    But as i said MP4 will play just as easy as AVI, and if you are traveling on a Bus I am assuming you are using a Laptop, so VLC Player will be a great add program and then you use it for every file extension you can find(Make it your default!!)

If everything i said doesn't make sense to you, I apologize and say.....
    Good Luck
    Last edited by shaina; 01-17-2016 at 08:28 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Dont get upset i use a tv set and files are on a portable hard drive and tv does not reconise mkv files, and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files. Every file on the net is a mkv of californication season 4 5 6 7

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Dont get upset i use a tv set and files are on a portable hard drive and tv does not reconise mkv files, and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files. Every file on the net is a mkv of californication season 4 5 6 7
    I am far from upset in any way Bear2000.... I am just trying to help you out the best i can
    So it is a built in player on the bus you are using?? Got it now
    I have seasons 1-5 in avi format that i got on usenet and is still available on my provider 6-7 i downloaded in MP4 format and it works in my wife's truck player, and i understand you want the same format, but who cares if it plays?? (meaning MP4?? and did you try a show or movie in that format??)
    What way do you retrieve files ?? Torrents or Usenet??

The reason being.... I think now alot of TV shows you do find in AVI format is a courtesy or a request... and MP4 has taken over for Mac users and compression is better for smaller file and better quality
    Last edited by shaina; 01-17-2016 at 08:53 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Don't waste your time on this one, Shay. He contributes nothing to the site- only comes when he wants someone to do his homework for him, often asks similar questions repeatedly, then fucks off for several more months.

Possibly trolling (lamely), anyway. Not sure, TBH, but let him find his own answers. He's at best a mooch; at worst a waste of effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    get fucked mega

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Don't waste your time on this one, Shay. He contributes nothing to the site- only comes when he wants someone to do his homework for him, often asks similar questions repeatedly, then fucks off for several more months.
    Possibly trolling (lamely), anyway. Not sure, TBH, but let him find his own answers. He's at best a mooch; at worst a waste of effort.
    You may be right , but helping if i can is my nature and i was bored anyways and i don't mind searching for things, keeps me busy i guess, sucker or not it is not hurting me at all

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i only ask questions if i need help

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast