Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Got a Chromebook?

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Seriously considering one. Anyone lived with one for a while? Thoughts? Raves? Regrets?

I'm actually leaning towards an Acer 740 series or one of their R11 with a touchscreen. Don't mind spending up to $400.

I want to be able to put Kodi on it, so a Linux-friendly processor and 4GB of RAM are necessary.

-------------------

In a mostly-unrelated note, I got my surveillance cameras fully operational and positioned. I'll eventually get everything connected via my phones and computers so I can keep an eye on things remotely. Well, mostly just to make the neighbor's life Hell for letting his dog crap all over the street, and his cats acting like they live here.

Nothing brings back the spirit of my Northern Idaho roots and 'Git OFF MY LAND' hospitality like a new set of HD cameras.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-05-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

-------------------

In a mostly-unrelated note, I got my surveillance cameras fully operational and positioned. I'll eventually get everything connected via my phones and computers so I can keep an eye on things remotely.
    This troubles me greatly*.
    You own guns and surveillance cameras for "home protection".

It appears that unless you are a drug dealer, you are one short crazy step from living in an underground bunker in the wilds of North Dakota.

But I digress and to properly answer your question.... Regrets, I've had a few but then again too few to mention.

* Though to be fair, not as much as Gribley's belief that he is somehow a better person than me because of what we choose to post on this shithole of a site.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    * Though to be fair, not as much as Gribley's belief that he is somehow a better person than me because of what we choose to post on this shithole of a site.
    Are we going down that route again..... I assume that is where you want to be so I`ll leave you alone.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

-------------------

In a mostly-unrelated note, I got my surveillance cameras fully operational and positioned. I'll eventually get everything connected via my phones and computers so I can keep an eye on things remotely.
    This troubles me greatly*.
    You own guns and surveillance cameras for "home protection".

It appears that unless you are a drug dealer, you are one short crazy step from living in an underground bunker in the wilds of North Dakota.

But I digress and to properly answer your question.... Regrets, I've had a few but then again too few to mention.

Crazy is good- crazy keeps assholes at bay*. Granted, it's The Cold War all over again, but it is also a hobby. As soon as AI gets good enough (and prices come down) to determine with 100% accuracy the difference between a chicken and a cat (cock or pussy joke in there somewhere), I'll have sentry guns and drones. Ahhh, the future looks bright!

And Shirley, there's got to be many other reasons why Grimbley is a better person than you.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-05-2016 at 05:38 PM. Reason: *Is it bay, Bey, or BAE these days?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    so I can keep an eye on things remotely.
    My last girlfriend's parents lived in Orlando, but not a busy part of Orlando. You had to drive miles through a forest until you ended up in a completely isolated neighborhood without any stores within a reasonable radius.

Their place was fully monitored, so they watched me as I stepped out front to smoke my cigarette in private and probably were trying to catch me in the act of tossing the butt somewhere.

To my point, what's the deal with the correlation between nothing to look at and the desire to look at it? A burning log in a fireplace was a hit show in Norway or something, and Meg is bent on keeping an eye on Idaho. Is it like scoring a goal in real football, where the scarcity makes it more exciting? Like, a potato rolling down the street is way more of a highlight in Idaho than a potato carrying a knife and chasing a homeless man down the subway stairs in New York.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I am no longer in Idaho. I'm like 90 miles from there, so .

My neighbors pissed me off. The cameras are there to make them uncomfortable and (hopefully) make them not be disgusting, lousy pet owners. Surely you understand the glee of purely being an asshole after putting up with someone far too long. The proctoscope they are receiving is very justified.

And ANYTHING chasing a homeless man tends to be entertaining.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You moved away from Idaho? When did you move to Idaho?

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Totally unrelated but what is it with people that they no longer live their own lives but instead copy their personas from things they've seen in some video?

This is white guys in Utah.

And I now present literally the definition of douche.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-05-2016 at 10:26 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Mary seemed confused. I grew up there.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Mary seemed confused. I grew up there.
    The last I knew, you were still there, and I don't remember seeing anything about a move. How long has it been?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast