Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To be fair on Donald Trump

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I understand the importance of combating Hillary, but I see nothing in Trump that makes me see him as a savior or stand-up guy who protects the Constitution. Fuck, I can see him trying to get his name written in BIG GOLD LETTERING at the top of it.

Trump is as much a media darling (because of his ego and loud mouth) as Hillary.

If the Conservatives really cared about joining together to save the country, they would not be joining hands behind such a silly, cartoon character. There has got to at least one good Conservative, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I understand the importance of combating Hillary, but I see nothing in Trump that makes me see him as a savior or stand-up guy who protects the Constitution. Fuck, I can see him trying to get his name written in BIG GOLD LETTERING at the top of it.

Trump is as much a media darling (because of his ego and loud mouth) as Hillary.

If the Conservatives really cared about joining together to save the country, they would not be joining hands behind such a silly, cartoon character. There has got to at least one good Conservative, right?
    The conservative of choice is Cruz, clumsy as he may be.

The problem is the old-line republican establishment, which, by-and-large, is most often described as the 'country-club types' - this includes the RINOs, the Wall Street crowd...the crony capitalists, etc.

The fact is, they care less for Cruz than for Trump, when the rubber hits the road.

Historically, conservatives got on the map when Goldwater lost in '64, and they got two fingers on the steering wheel with Reagan in the 80's.

The 'establishment' has been chopping off any conservative 'opposable thumbs' that present since that time.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Even though I am now no longer Conservative, I am in awe of John Roberts (Supreme Court). We need someone like him to step up (either party) and be a true leader. Compare him to either Hillary or Trump and it becomes very clear how hideous they are.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Even though I am now no longer Conservative, I am in awe of John Roberts (Supreme Court). We need someone like him to step up (either party) and be a true leader. Compare him to either Hillary or Trump and it becomes very clear how hideous they are.
    Roberts blew it on Obamacare, which idiocy overshadows any positives.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #35
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    A good leader requires vision but it's also imperative that they be able to compromise.This is why extremes on either side of the political fence tend to make such bad ones.

If for nothing else, the reason that Clinton makes a better candidate than Trump.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-15-2016 at 11:26 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    A good leader requires vision but it's also imperative that they be able to compromise.This is why extremes on either side of the political fence tend to make such bad ones.

If for nothing else, the reason that Clinton makes a better candidate than Trump.
    Trump wrote a little book extolling his ability to compromise, called The Art of the Deal - maybe you've heard of it.

I know things about Trump that disgust me; my sister knows him fairly well, she's worked with him on many occasions - she's a very exclusively retained court recorder; she was contracted to do interrogatories for the go-'round Trump had with Leona Helmsley over ownership of the Empire State Building back in the 80s.

He decided he liked her and would request her whenever he sued someone or was himself sued, which was quite often.

This went on for years, but about three years ago she decided never again.

He actually called her attempting to change her mind; she refused to be dissuaded.

Her opinion of Trump is that he is, for the most part, beneath contempt.

That said, she would agree with me wholeheartedly when I say that Hillary isn't a better candidate than anyone.

The question has been asked of various and sundry supporters and pundits:

What's she done?

Ever, in any of her assumed capacities?

Her gender is of no worth but a token - as has been said recently, 'Voting for Hillary because she's a woman is akin to eating a turd because it looks like a Tootsie Roll'.

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Compare him to either Hillary or Trump and it becomes very clear how hideous they are.
    They're both outright nationalists. People are so polarized by the two but you can barely stick a hair between the differences in policy (if anyone would EVER challenge the two of them to actually state a policy).

How about today's big topic? Russia withdrawing troops from Syria. For two days now that's the biggest story in the news and no one has challenged the candidates on their positions. Trump said he supported Putin being in Syria so how does he feel now that Putin has done an about-face and said he's now leaving? Why doesn't someone ask?

The whole thing is ridiculous. There isn't a candidate worth voting for. I didn't agree with Rand on as many things as I did with his father, but that's who would have gotten my vote.
    Last edited by Skiz; 03-18-2016 at 07:14 PM.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Obamacare is not about making things better for everyone, it is about improving conditions for the lower 1/3. The corrupt healthcare system we have needs an overhaul. Obamacare is a step, not a complete solution. Roberts showed his ability to see the greater good- which is exactly what a leader needs to do.

9. Lounge   -   #39

Obamacare is not about making things better for everyone, it is about improving conditions for the lower 1/3. The corrupt healthcare system we have needs an overhaul. Obamacare is a step, not a complete solution. Roberts showed his ability to see the greater good- which is exactly what a leader needs to do.
    I've not heard anyone call Obamacare "a step", and Roberts is a Supreme Court Justice; he is NOT supposed to be a "leader" - neither is anyone else on the court.

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #40

I've not heard anyone call Obamacare "a step", and Roberts is a Supreme Court Justice; he is NOT supposed to be a "leader" - neither is anyone else on the court.
    There is no single way to help the poor receive proper medical attention that fixes the corruption of the medical system and pharmaceutical industries (which are both private). Yes, Obamacare is a step. It will be replaced by something that takes things that work better, reducing the number of issues that are currently in it.

Roberts stepped across partisanship (justices are not members of either 'party', but have shown their leanings prior to receiving the position) to make this step towards helping people in need. THAT is leadership by definition. Doing what is just even in the face of pressures against you.

EVERYONE in public office is supposed to be a leader.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast