JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Merkins making weapons from a lump of metal ... televised

Fucking genious.

DOCUMENTARY: Forged in Fire
    On: History (270)
    Date: Thursday 7th April 2016
    Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

An anytime alert is set for 15 minutes before the programme starts

Four bladesmiths compete to make the best weapon out of reclaimed metal, with the best two going forward to create a deadly Indian throwing weapon - the chakram.
    (Stereo, Episode 3, New Episode, Widescreen, Series 1, 2015)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=17849

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Are you actually a dick or do you just play on exceedingly well?

Forged in Fire isn't a bad show as it celebrates craftsmanship and creativity.Where if fails is that it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

By comparison....

Welcome to your glass house,Nazi.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I think Forged in Fire is a fantastic TV programme, I have never seen an episode of Love Island, nothing on Earth would entice me to do so.

I really like things like Forged in Fire, Fast n Loud etc as they show people who are good at what they do (on the assumption they are really doing it) making things. Not being an artisan myself I reallyenjoy seeing people build things from scratch or repairing broken things. New Yankee Workshop is one of the best things ever, Norm could make a fucking internal combustion engine out of a tree.

If there is any part of that you don't understand please don't ask me to explain it.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    There's a certain sense of superiority inherent in phrases like "Merkins making weapons from a lump of metal ... televised".

Excise the "Merkins" and "televised" parts and not so much so forgive any resulting confusion.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Merkins making weapons from a lump of metal ... televised

Fucking genious.

[...] to create a deadly Indian throwing weapon - the chakram.

Briefly had my hope up expecting an item that throws Indians. Was somewhat let down on rereading.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    The fellow that lost made a big mistake in that he loaded his with Hopi, those peace loving bastards. The winner wisely used Apache and it was literally a massacre.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    http://decider.com/2015/07/27/5-reas...orged-in-fire/

Although to be fair you should never value the opinion of anyone who uses OMG in a sentence.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The fellow that lost made a big mistake in that he loaded his with Hopi, those peace loving bastards. The winner wisely used Apache and it was literally a massacre.
    Did you even consider the 'dot' kind? Naan, you didn't.

Racist. They are good enough to throw- some would say they are even more aerodynamic.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    The bloke on last nights episode (in the UK) made an arse of it by putting the handle through the middle. Adding unnecessary weight, he clearly thought that making it look better was or important than he actual weapon element.

To be fair I thought he was a bit cocky anyway and the other chap with the simpler design, and better weapon, deserved the $10,000.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    That's like £1.52
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast