Thread: Good Encryption Software

noface0711
    Hello Everyone,
    I am wondering what your opinions are on the best software for encrypting folders or entire hard drives. I am currently using TrueCrypt and it seems to be ok. But is it the safest? I wan't to make sure my personal information is secure.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TrueCrypt is no longer maintained, but there are no known vulnerabilities on it for the time being[1]. Some forks of the source code have showed up.

Under Windows, DiskCryptor is a much faster alternative, but it doesn't support containers, you can only encrypt partitions.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Veracrypt essentially the same as Truecrypt (used the source code) with added security and more permutations. According to the developer the holes in Truecrypt have been repaired. It also supports old Trucrypt containers without the need to convert them.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    MODERATION
    Maybe this review can help you out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    There is some bias going on but seems fairly reasonable results. Why does everyone ignore Serpent which is slightly better than Rijndael if you read the white papers from like 10+ years ago :S. Just venting, nothing wrong with 'AES' of course, it doesn`t have the slight flaws of 3DES that allow attack and is a fine bit of work

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I went for Serpent when encrypting my disks, simply because it was the fastest algorithm.

DC vs TC.gif

Hardware AES mops the floor with everything on that regard, though.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."