Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy (untimely) Birthday, Idol!

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Cool Wikipedia piece JPaul

And on paper you may be right , But Canada and it's Government is it's own entity, and the UK/Britain makes no decisions or influence on how to run the country...

If it makes you happy or gives you some sort of hard-on that Canada on paper is considered British Rule... Congratulations

Again in reality... Canada's elected governments decide how to run the country with no influence or any decision the British/UK have to say..

As The US is our biggest ally, i would think our decisions are based more on them ..

True Story (But not written on Wikipedia)

PS. And really who fuckin cares!! Britain/UK has more troubles than Canada, it would be in our best interest to do the opposite you guys are doing...

2. Lounge   -   #42
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    It's nice to see that Canadia is just as anti catholic as the UK.
    We are not anti anything other than Anti-Terrorist (and we do have a few here hiding , that is for sure)

As for anti Catholic?? I wouldn't think so
    Last edited by shaina; 05-01-2016 at 12:38 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The Monarchy of Canada is at the very core of both Canada's federal structure and Westminster-style of parliamentary and constitutional democracy. The monarchy is the foundation of the executive (Queen-in-Council), legislature (Queen-in-Parliament), and judiciary (Queen-on-the-Bench) in the federal and each provincial jurisdiction..
    Seriously, if you are going to quote some royalist propaganda bullshit off Wikipedia then you give proper credit to the idiot you wrote it.

Jews.Who knew I'd ever agree with one?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...dror-1.3343188

That was a rhetorical question because the answer is certainly not I.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Hey fellas, what's all this discord I'm sensing? Can't we all just like get along and love each other?

5. Lounge   -   #45
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    If you aren't happy with it coming from wikipedia then have a look here. It's what your own parliament has to say on the matter.

It's got nothing to do with the UK. You are a constitutional monarchy and the Queen is the head of state. You being upset about it is irrelevant.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/about/senate/m...archy_00-e.htm

The Crown occupies a central place in our Parliament and our democracy, founded on the rule of law and respect for rights and freedoms; the Crown embodies the continuity of the state and is the underlying principle of its institutional unity. The Crown heads all three branches of government: the Executive, where the Prime Minister is the principal advisor; the Legislative, which recognizes the Crown as one of three constituents of Parliament, acting with the consent of the Senate and the House of Commons; and the Judiciary, since all decisions made by the courts are given in the name of the Queen.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Hey fellas, what's all this discord I'm sensing? Can't we all just like get along and love each other?
    Apparently the Canadians didn't know the Queen ran their cuntry.

Go figure.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    It's nice to see that Canadia is just as anti catholic as the UK.
    We are not anti anything other than Anti-Terrorist (and we do have a few here hiding , that is for sure)

As for anti Catholic?? I wouldn't think so
    You ban someone from being your Monarch if they are Catholic. Not any other religion, not atheist, not agnostic, just Catholic.

You must see that is anti Catholic.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    chalice's Avatar ____________________

Go figure.
    Yeah, she runs mine too, apparently. Has done with greater and lesser success for about 900 years. Canadians had the good sense just to take it, though.

9. Lounge   -   #49

Go figure.
    Yeah, she runs mine too, apparently. Has done with greater and lesser success for about 900 years. Canadians had the good sense just to take it, though.
    They didn't know they were constitutionally sectarian either, some people.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Power lies with those who wield it and since the Queen's "power" is in this case wholly ceremonial then that would be not so much.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast