Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vedic Mathematics

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Today, I have mostly been practising this. Before you ask. Yes. I was hepped up on goofballs.

Speed mathematics calculations hailing from Ancient Indian Scriptures.

https://www.easycalculation.com/vedi...edic-maths.php

Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    If only I'd known this years ago.

Think of often you could get your hole by doing that at parties.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It's cool, but I don't know how often it really comes up in daily life to *need* to multiply (exactly) a 3-digit number by another 3-digit number. Life is tricky- here, have a 4-digit number times a 2-digit! "FUUUUUUU. I only know the one trick. Give me another problem, life!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There are other tricks there that work for different multiples, possibly.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    How can you take this seriously, even when hepped up on goofballs, when the fucktard who posted it uses the non-existent singular version of maths.

You never really thought that threw.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    It just doesn't add up.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    These legerdemain belie the deep stuff in ancient vedic mathematics

8. Lounge   -   #8
    give us a fucking break vedic bullshit .

The equation of any straight line, called a linear equation, can be written as: y = mx + b

i somehow managed to have an understanding of equations from y = mx + b to partial differential equation .

A linear equation is always a polynomial of degree 1 (for example x+2y+3=0). In the two dimensional case, they always form lines; in other dimensions, they might also form planes, points, or hyperplanes. Their "shape" is always perfectly straight, with no curves of any kind. This is why we call them linear equations.

Every other equation is nonlinear. Higher degree polynomials are nonlinear. Trigonometric functions (like sin or cos) are nonlinear. Square roots are nonlinear. The main exception is if the nonlinear piece can evaluate to a constant--for example, sqrt(4)*x is linear because sqrt(4) is just 2, and 2x is linear.

Linear equations have some useful properties, mostly in that they are very easy to manipulate and solve. Although they are quite limited in what they can represent, it is often useful to try and approximate complicated systems using linear equations so that they will be easier to think about and deal with.

Nonlinear equations, for the most part, are much harder to solve and manipulate. Sometimes you need them--nature doesn't always work in straight lines, and nor do mathematicians--but generally speaking, you can only solve nonlinear equations if the systems are fairly small and simple. Solving a linear system with a million interacting variables is very doable with a computer, and most nonlinear solvers aren't going to get even close to that.
    where is the straight line in the ram ?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thelement View Post
    its a wank .. we got a lesson or two when we were in our 6th grade .. that session lasted for an hour .. and everyone was introduced to vedic mathematics at school ...lol
    You knock one out to ancient mathematics. That's impressive.
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You're literally talking to several versions of yourself. Not that it's like a supreme indication of mental illness or anything.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast