Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tadaima, Meiri

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    If you're like me, maybe you need to put in more work at grinding in what you know in serbian, through repetition. But then again, your wife was serbian, so idk
    Well, it's sort of something I took for granted. I had never used any except one of the languages I studied in the past for practical purposes, so I understand forgetting vocabulary in those. However, I had used Serbian for over a decade, so I didn't expect to suddenly forget common words so easily. I'm mostly wondering if it was possibly specific memory displacement.

It was just a little unnerving, and I was walking around with a cigarette not fully prepared to research it.

I could appreciate having that ability, but I'm not very good at picking up tongues. Even in English, if you pronounce a word or sentence slightly different than I'm expecting, you'd probably have to repeat it several more times before I give up and ask you to write or spell it. I said "What?" quite frequently as a kid and I used to mumble before I began forcing myself to enunciate.

It shouldn't be surprising that I study pronunciation straight from textbooks. I usually end up with either good pronunciation or a very ambiguous accent. Actually, it's the same in English, for I've been asked if I have an accent in English on occasion. It reminds me of...

https://youtu.be/B_obeR1OIm8
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It's called growing old.The good news if that you only have to deal with it for a finite amount of time.
    I was born old, bitch.

Let's make an augmented reality app where we can punch each other in the face.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Speaking of getting old and augmented reality, I decided I would try to get into this Pokémon Go thing. I never got into it before, but I thought it might be interesting while traveling around Tokyo.

So, I was quite surprised to learn that there are no Pokémon in Japan, like, at all. There goes my dream of walking into the street with my head down and getting creamed by a milf on a bike.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    No Pokeymen in Japan?!!! That's like no Disney characters in Florida...

Are...are you saying Pokemen went?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    No Pokeymen in Japan?!!! That's like no Disney characters in Florida...

Are...are you saying Pokemen went?
    That's not conjugated in the imperative form.

Emojis are hard, so I'll just describe it. I'm slapping your face cheeks with my flaccid penis.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    I haven't cared enough about Pokeymen to care if they are imperative or not.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I was out running today sans shirt and some 50+ year old woman told me that I had a nice chest.

Is that a compliment and if so then why did it make me feel sick?
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    I was out running today sans shirt and some 50+ year old woman told me that I had a nice chest.

Is that a compliment and if so then why did it make me feel sick?
    Because she looked poor?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I didn't even mention that on the same run some random guy told me I was really in shape.

Old women and ghey guys, I should probably look into becoming a male prostitute at this rate.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    I didn't even mention that on the same run some random guy told me I was really in shape.

Spoiler: Show

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast