Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best dvd player to watch dvds on your laptop for window 10

I've looked but cant find it, since my laptop installed windows 10 it wont let me watch dvds on my laptop. could anybody recommend a good dvd player/media player to watch dvds.
    many thqnks,

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MPC-BE or SMPlayer. The former supports hardware-accelerated decoding (not that it matters a lot for DVDs, even a 15-year-old computer can play them without a hitch).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Many Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    While we are kinda on the subject, what other media players have most codecs built-in like VLC? I'd like something that either the kids or non-tech savvy friends could play shows I make available for them. VLC isn't the easiest, but I don't want to have to install codec packs, either...

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    I always stick with MPC-HC. No codec extras required, small installation and has not let me down. Not that I watch that much on the PC, usually all streamed to KODI Pi boxes around the house. I do also use NextPVR as well for streaming TV from the PC tuner stick around the house (again KODI being the requesting device)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    While we are kinda on the subject, what other media players have most codecs built-in like VLC?
    Anything based on MPC or mplayer. Splash Pro too, and it's easy to use, although not free. Codec packs are a relic from when all media players relied on DirectShow and Windows shipped with very few filters. They're more trouble than they're worth nowadays.

Microsoft allegedly saved $1 million in licensing fees by removing DVD playback from Windows 8 and above. And I don't blame them, I've never watched a DVD in my computer

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    vlc?

not sure if winamp does video
    Last edited by KAUSERERAM; 08-07-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KAUSERERAM View Post
    not sure if winamp does video
    It does, but using Winamp to play video feels like using a knife as a light switch

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Why not VLC?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I swear by Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) as well though "back in the day" when I used to use my PC to watch DVD's (before dedicated DVD players weren't remotely affordable), Cyberlink PowerDVD was the one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast