Teacher gave us this for Extra Credit. I cant find some of the answers. I would appreciate some help.
1. What does the X in Xmas Stand for ??
2. What is the story that links spiders to Christkindel and tinsel ?
3. When was the earliest references to what became Christmas pudding with holly?
4. Who wrote Jingle Bells ? When ? For what event ?
5. Is there any truth to the rumour that santa is dead and buried in Italy
6 Is there one town in the U.S.A called Santa?
7. When and who invented tinsel before Germany did in 1610?
8. Where is it that ducks receive a present every Christmas?
9. What did King Wenceslas really do ?
10. When and where was Christmas banned in a Christian country?
11. Who was Scrooge's first ghostly visitor?
12. What is Santa's sleigh pulled by in Finland?
13. Who was the artist who drew the first Christmas Card? When ?
14. What happens in the cemetery at Oberammergau(Germany) at Halloween and at Christmas ? Why ?
15. When and where would you go to Reveillon ?
16 Why is it bad luck to leave the Christmas decorations up after Twelfth Night ?
17. Many Christmas Cards express Yuletide greetings. What was Yuletide ?
18. What is the "Unlawful Games Act of 1541 " ? Are there any exemptions ?
19 . When is orthodox Christmas and why is it at a different time ?
20. Where and when was the first Ryoal Christmas broadcast ??
You could learn something from this