Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comcast Sandvine is Cutting off ALL My Peers

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I know you are right, pooty. I've had a VPN page open in a tab since the issue occurred. But $3.33 /mo... I'm not made of $$$$$. Actually, just stubborn and spoiled by the fact that a no-cost solution often pops up around here.

Thank you for the good suggestion, my friend.

Does Canadia even have its own television?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I know you are right, pooty. I've had a VPN page open in a tab since the issue occurred. But $3.33 /mo... I'm not made of $$$$$. Actually, just stubborn and spoiled by the fact that a no-cost solution often pops up around here.
    You don't use Usenet you cheap bugger and you are complaining about $3.33US(and that is cheap!!) a month??.. And i assume you loose speed using VPN's??

As for Pooty's comment on the Canadian Netflix you potato farmer!!! The American one is usually better, plus there is only certain VPN's that still work with Netflix, they are blocking them now as well, and it is not the one that cost $3 n change LOL!!

You can really say Piracy is not a cheap venture Meg And every day you are down, you are upsetting more cheap fucks!!!

PS..I got a response from Skiz Meg, maybe he doesn't like you anymore (Just kidding!!)

Send Idol some pictures of your setup.... I have a feeling he can do the job... I mean he can fix a flat bicycle tire he can do anything
    Last edited by shaina; 08-14-2016 at 08:50 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    I mean he can fix a flat bicycle tire he can do anything
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    It is strange that this is happening in some areas and not others. I'm on Comcast, and I haven't noticed any changes in peer connections. I get slow downs in the evening when a lot of people are on line, but that's par for the course with Comcast.

If this Sandvine thing is responsible, I wounder how they're deciding what areas it's being used in?

Also, I know you seem adverse to paying for Usenet, but you might want to consider it. I use Frugal Usenet to get most stuff now, and torrents for stuff I can't find otherwise. It only has 600 day retention, but the speeds are great and it's only $5 a month. Free ssl & 50 connections too. And best of all, no seeding...
    Last edited by teflon05; 08-14-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Yeah but just the one and it's crt .

Also why does everything always have to be so "me me me" for you? Did you every stop and think how you stealing stuff might effect the bottom line of the billionaire who owns Cumcast?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Yeah but just the one and it's crt .
    I hate to boost your ego but that was just brilliant

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    i don't know , get a different internet connection ... much better that way .... whats up with all this crap and cap on bittorrent users ... ditch comcast..

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    It's not as simple as "get a different internet connection" for some people. The only options available here where I am, are Comcast, Verizon DSL or satellite. I had Verizon DSL at one point, and it sucked monkey ass. Satellite is no better. Only other option is moving, and I'm not doing that just for an internet provider.

And actually, other than price, I don't have any complaints about Comcast. I've read many horror stories on line about them, but I've never had problems with them in the 3 years I've been with them. Great speeds, decent customer service, and only like 2 outages the whole time. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Last edited by teflon05; 08-14-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    And actually, other than price, I don't have any complaints about Comcast. I've read many horror stories on line about them, but I've never had problems with them in the 3 years I've been with them. Great speeds, decent customer service, and only like 2 outages the whole time. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    I have had relatively good service, but HATE the corporation itself. Their goals run counter to internet freedoms of all levels. And their prices are too high.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I have had relatively good service, but HATE the corporation itself. Their goals run counter to internet freedoms of all levels. And their prices are too high.
    Why... Because they get pressure to slow down piracy?? Gee!!

And the pricing thing??.. Well if you wants its, you must pays its

It amazes me on some providers be it anything giving deals to try to grab market share, and yet you end up going back to the one that you complain cost more!!!
    There are times when cheaper things work out, but it is usually for a short period and then you are forced back, or the case here the big companies just buy them up..

Dam those rich people!!!!!

It's not as simple as "get a different internet connection" for some people. The only options available here where I am, are Comcast, Verizon DSL or satellite. I had Verizon DSL at one point, and it sucked monkey ass. Satellite is no better. Only other option is moving, and I'm not doing that just for an internet provider.
    Same with me teflon....We have Rogers and Bell, Telus, and everyone else feeds off there structure or they end up buying them up... I had Bell for a few years, which would be like At&T or Bell South, and it sucked the big one, having to put those stupid blocker things on all the telephone jacks and hearing a buzzing noises while talking(the good old days when people actually did use there voices). And then i thought... Hmmm lets try Rogers cable internet??, and it worked !!! no buzzing and the speeds were great!!, plus you could put a good splitter on the connection and bingo!!! free cable (good old days of pirating Direct TV and free Cable heaven!!!!), now they found a way to stop free cable by forcing you to get a small digital boxs and now those bastards can monitor what you have, and stop free cable... How dare Those Pricks stopping piracy....
    Now you have to get faster internet (which rogers is great for!!), and steal local and outside feeds from XMBC/Kodi, oh the frustration and inconvenience this causes!!

My end point would be the consumer to have more choices?? Even if the illusion is multiple companies out there offering Cell phone or Internet or TV services, for a little guy to get into the service, it has to feed off of the few big guys infrastructure.. You get what you pay for sooner or later, depending on your expectations ... Then it just comes to being happy and staying on top of pricing for your budget ...

Also, I know you seem adverse to paying for Usenet, but you might want to consider it. I use Frugal Usenet to get most stuff now, and torrents for stuff I can't find otherwise. It only has 600 day retention, but the speeds are great and it's only $5 a month. Free ssl & 50 connections too. And best of all, no seeding...
    And if you go one step up... For $10 US a month for Usenet, they are now giving you access to a great a VPN service as well (and there cost is $10 for that means Free to me!!), so occasionally when you need to use Torrents for something (it happens occasionally), you are set up....

The question is... How is Frugal service 5 days later to get a popular PC game or and HBO show you forgot to download the same day (really asking Teflon), and the speeds for real(50 connections mean little in speed difference)?? I have never tried there service??

I am using a Usenet provider now that reading up more on them (took a while to find information on them), and there retention is unbelievable!!!
    They are doing it in a very corrupt and unethical way , but being i am getting what i want, i don't give a shit!!!!, and the price is right
    Last edited by shaina; 08-15-2016 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast