Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comcast Sandvine is Cutting off ALL My Peers

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I had about a week of screwy service that was requiring me to restart every device connected to the internet, now peers have gone to none existent. Yes, I'm connectable. No firewalls. Cleared all of that. IPT even sees my torrents, just nobody can connect to me...

I've found some Sandvine workarounds from like 2006-2009, but don't want to do all of that if there is a better, easier solution. And I'm suspicious of trying fixes so old. Somebody got an easy-to-install program.

Yeah, I've considered a VPN. I've also considered setting fire to Comcast corporate office. Still 50/50...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Is the modem or router faulty Meg?? Do you use separate modem and router??

Try connecting the modem right to the PC and see what it does?? If you can....

Can you download things??

Can you send an Email??

Being a Usenet guy, i still assume Peers or people connecting to you would be using your Upload source right??
    Is your amazon boxes connecting and working??

I was having shorting out issues with my modem/router , as it kept shutting down the connection...My cable provider just gave me a new box and it was fixed, plus i kind of knew it had to be that because my cable boxes all worked...

Plus i assume you have no download/upload limit?? and u did a speed test as well??
    Last edited by shaina; 08-12-2016 at 09:52 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I appreciate the thoughts, Shay, but i'm about 99% positive it is Sandvine. I can do everything else. And I've done my share of making my router 'connectable' on torrents.

I'm mainly hoping either someone like Skiz has solved this, or anon will shine his infinite wisdom in my direction.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I appreciate the thoughts, Shay, but i'm about 99% positive it is Sandvine. I can do everything else. And I've done my share of making my router 'connectable' on torrents.
    I'm mainly hoping either someone like Skiz has solved this, or anon will shine his infinite wisdom in my direction.
    No worries Meg...

Is this something you can reference ??
    Attachment 172039

To be honest if have no idea what Sandvine is?? Is it something used normally with torrents??

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hehehe Thanks, Shay. Comcast uses it to disconnect filesharing (torrent) peers because they are dicks.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Hazardous's Avatar Material
    Where are you? I can understand if you don't want to give exactly the location but can you give us an idea of region? I have had Comcast for a decade and never had a single issue. Wondering why sandvine affects some people and not others.

Other than that, what client do you use and are you encrypted? You say no firewall but I assume you have a router which means you have one built in. What port are you using also? Start with those questions and we'll see what we can do. Also windows version

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    hehehe Thanks, Shay. Comcast uses it to disconnect filesharing (torrent) peers because they are dicks.
    So is it something that all Internet providers use?? Never seen it mentioned anywhere??

And did you figure how to bypass it ??

Plus i would figure there would be some kind of stealthing someone provides to not show what you are doing??

Meaning they see the bandwidth used but have no clue what it is(like downloading Usenet)?? Plus i thought you can't use VPN's on private Torrent Sites??
    Last edited by shaina; 08-13-2016 at 03:17 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazardous View Post
    Where are you? I can understand if you don't want to give exactly the location but can you give us an idea of region? I have had Comcast for a decade and never had a single issue. Wondering why sandvine affects some people and not others.

Other than that, what client do you use and are you encrypted? You say no firewall but I assume you have a router which means you have one built in. What port are you using also? Start with those questions and we'll see what we can do. Also windows version
    I, too, have (unfortunately) been stuck with Concast for over a decade. I believe Sandvine is implemented in different regions. This came on quickly without me changing anything in my system. I've gone through all of those.

Eastern Washington state, Windows 7 Ultimate, separate router (all settings checked- I am connectable AND torrents appear in my user profile, just with no connected peers), encryption settings are on, I've tested various ports and finally settled on ones in the higher range, qbittorrent (updated after problem occurred, no improvement afterwards).

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Meg..

Is this all happening from one specific torrent site/user??

Did you try retrieving something from another torrent site and see if it seeds then??
    Being honest... if everything seems to work and you did a speed test?? How does comcast know what to block?? And i assume there is some sort of encryption there??

I really don't download anything in Florida which is comcast, but i run all sorts of streaming and stuff and never seen any blocks ??

If nothing in your settings has changed?? Why it is happening to you is strange?? Do you know anyone else in your neighborhood that does torrenting ??
    Or have you looked up on the net if anyone else is having the same problem in your neighborhood??

PS. And i know you are for from stupid!! and i am not talking down to you (well typing), but it does sound really strange that you are targeted for this??
    As i have said before, i had some problems with download speeds (Usenet), and internet kicking in and out, I removed every connection from the modem/router from my provider (Rogers), and did the process of elimination to find the problem, usually it was the Modem/Router and occasionally it was the Usenet provider connection, but being honest it was not the service from the cable company. Plus i have never herd someone mention or complain about Sandvine?? Until you mentioned it and when i key it into Google not a lot comes up??
    I know you are having a problem and it is a pain in the ass but why they are targeting your area or you is even more strange??

I would see if you have a buddy or someone you can test the connections at there house and is having the same problem?? Even if the equipment is different at least you know it is not working and then you need some sort of bypass to fix it??
    That's what i would do
    Sorry i can't help you more Meg....

I, too, have (unfortunately) been stuck with Concast for over a decade. I believe Sandvine is implemented in different regions. This came on quickly without me changing anything in my system. I've gone through all of those.
    Eastern Washington state, Windows 7 Ultimate, separate router (all settings checked- I am connectable AND torrents appear in my user profile, just with no connected peers), encryption settings are on, I've tested various ports and finally settled on ones in the higher range, qbittorrent (updated after problem occurred, no improvement afterwards).
    Bored and watching Olympics (Before you yell at me), and finally found shit about this and it was posted umteen years ago...

This was posted recent??

"I went into my router settings in my browser, went into the firewall and changed both Ipv4 and Ipv6 to custom settings instead of Moderate or Minimal setting."

read it here
    http://www.tribalmixes.com/forums.ph...c&topicid=8315

https://www.reddit.com/r/torrents/co...om_torrenting/
    Last edited by shaina; 08-13-2016 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks again, Shay. But I read all of that before posting. You can pretty much count on me exhausting all easy answers before coming here.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast