Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, mbm!

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Does that surprize you?
    Sure did.
    I've since googled since no help was forthcoming and it seems that Canadians only have to do that kind of thing if they're married to an American.
    So I guess that was one of the concessions Idol had to make when she dumped him and settled.
    For your future reference, Canadian style choices overlap more with the U.S. than the U.K. I hope you enjoy that platinium nugget of information.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Happy birthday, mate.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    If it makes you feel any better, know that that nefarious nasal wart which siphoned my spirit for twelve, count 'em, kids, sadistic solar cycles of humiliation and paranoia, having been frosted into submission by liquid nitrogen, providing huge temporary humanity to one who had abandoned the notion altogether, has resurfaced anew, proud and resplendent, now taking residency upon my eyebrow. Right, if you must know.

That was a long sentence.
    Last edited by chalice; 10-07-2016 at 07:02 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Sure did.
    I've since googled since no help was forthcoming and it seems that Canadians only have to do that kind of thing if they're married to an American.
    So I guess that was one of the concessions Idol had to make when she dumped him and settled.
    For your future reference, Canadian style choices overlap more with the U.S. than the U.K. I hope you enjoy that platinium nugget of information.
    Never take as gospel the information given to you by someone who lectures you on linguistics while at the same time spelling platinum wrong.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    [...]nefarious nasal wart [...] now taking residency upon my eyebrow.
    What the heck is a nasal wart doing on your brow? Has it lost its identity? Forgotten its place in the whirled? Damn thing has gotten uppity. Gone all high brow on you.

Have you considered an eye patch? At least you've got Halloween coming up so you can feel 'normal' for an evening.

Couldn't resist, my friend. Thank you for the birthday wishes and musical enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #36

Never take as gospel the information given to you by someone who lectures you on linguistics while at the same time spelling platinum wrong.
    I didn't want you to walk into that one, Idol. Those who reside just to the east of the Atlantic passionately defend the spelling and pronunciation of aluminium. To their credit, most metals do have the -ium suffix. On the other hand, platinum has the -um suffix on both sides of the Atlantic.

In short, aluminum was the subtext used to convey the silliness of it all given the previous squabbles.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi

I didn't want you to walk into that one, Idol. Those who reside just to the east of the Atlantic passionately defend the spelling and pronunciation of aluminium. To their credit, most metals do have the -ium suffix. On the other hand, platinum has the -um suffix on both sides of the Atlantic.

In short, aluminum was the subtext used to convey the silliness of it all given the previous squabbles.
    slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Not even ironic.
    Pity I missed it first time around, chapeau.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, know that that nefarious nasal wart which siphoned my spirit for twelve, count 'em, kids, sadistic solar cycles of humiliation and paranoia, having been frosted into submission by liquid nitrogen, providing huge temporary humanity to one who had abandoned the notion altogether, has resurfaced anew, proud and resplendent, now taking residency upon my eyebrow. Right, if you must know.

That was a long sentence.
    After enduring a cunt-numbing 12 years last time out, surely you've already made arrangements for the sand-blasting to occur forthwith.
    I would implore you, however, to wait beyond the 31st. The one time of year your hereditas damnosa can rightly shine as the piece de resistance.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

That make such perfect sense and yet at the same time is so utterly stupid that I feel I must now use it as the excuse for every grammatical error I've ever made on this site.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #40

That make such perfect sense and yet at the same time is so utterly stupid that I feel I must now use it as the excuse for every grammatical error I've ever made on this site.
    Wouldn't you just use the eternal struggle between the English and French languages as a reason for not committing to either, or are you a racist Canadian?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast