Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The American accent vs the Canadian accent

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video. I really enjoyed watching it. The Canadian vowel a in the word bag doesn't seem to have the same sound as the corresponding American vowel. Of course, the Canadian vowel ou in the word about is also different from the corresponding American vowel. I know that the tv show Dark Matter has a lot of Canadian actors, and I wonder if those actors sound distinctly Canadian. Is it possible to discern the difference between their speech and the Western American English speech? Today, the Canadian show Travelers premieres on Showcase. I wonder if any actors in that show speak differently than the people in the Western U.S.
    Eric McCormack the main actor was born in Toronto , so if you hear any strange accent that would be considered Acting Roll..

He was in another series i really liked called Perception, and of course he kind of had a slight flaming accent in Will and Grace, I can say looking at the previews of Travelers, looks like it is going to be a good series.....

Funny you see many actors in there rolls like Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic 4), Russell Crowe (American Gangster), Jack Nicholson (The Departed), and then you watch there interviews on Talk Shows, is there accent the Same Oleg??
    It is like watching the Fargo movie or series?? You live in Minnesota and listen to there accent, and you drive an hour away and start speaking to someone that lives in a small town, you think you have traveled somewhere outside the US..
    It would be like myself traveling from Toronto the Newfoundland (A lot of Newfies worked for my wife, and they remind me of Fargo), they speak completely different, like there own stye of the English Language...
    Oleg the US border from where i live and Idol as well is close, and driving an few hours away, it is amazing the change in speech/speaking.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Aboot two or three, eh?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Like for instance being from Toronto Shay says "Torontah" while the rest of Canada says "Seriously, fuck those assholes".
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Like for instance being from Toronto Shay says "Torontah" while the rest of Canada says "Seriously, fuck those assholes".
    Actually it is Toront a' the h is silent (actually funny and kind of true)

Always remember you are a bit closer to Frogville my friend, i hope that doesn't rub off on you

PS. The only person that i know who pronounces all the T's is Susan on my GPS Joe Pesci just says that Fuckin place north of that Shit hole Buffalo LOL!!! I wonder how they pronounce/speak Toronto in California ???
    Last edited by shaina; 10-17-2016 at 06:05 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Smileys and badly written things.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I don't see any smileys.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The bad sequel to The Sixth Sense.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Take off, hoser.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    The bad sequel to The Sixth Sense.
    :earl:
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video. I really enjoyed watching it. The Canadian vowel a in the word bag doesn't seem to have the same sound as the corresponding American vowel. Of course, the Canadian vowel ou in the word about is also different from the corresponding American vowel. I know that the tv show Dark Matter has a lot of Canadian actors, and I wonder if those actors sound distinctly Canadian. Is it possible to discern the difference between their speech and the Western American English speech? Today, the Canadian show Travelers premieres on Showcase. I wonder if any actors in that show speak differently than the people in the Western U.S.
    Oleg did not write this.

Did Oleg kill enough victims to undergo metamorphosis, or is this someone else who has taken over Oleg's life?

If it's the latter, tough break.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast