Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The American accent vs the Canadian accent

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Is it possible that the Canadian accent is actually prettier than the American accent? Does this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Paikin have the Canadian accent?
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Is it possible that the Canadian accent is actually prettier than the American accent? Does this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Paikin have the Canadian accent?
    Speaking from one brother to another, and i mean this with all sincerity.... Are you MESHUGGINA??

By the way, i thought this interview was great!! And didn't this chick work for Bill Maher??
    Last edited by shaina; 10-17-2016 at 05:46 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Anyone other than Oleg correct me if I fault in my presumption, but there is more than one Canadian accent, eh
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Aboot two or three, eh?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

6. Lounge   -   #6
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Is the Canadian shift (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Shift) present in the speech of Steve Paikin?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Anyone other than Oleg correct me if I fault in my presumption, but there is more than one Canadian accent, eh
    Birds have regional dialects with song variations noticeable on groups as close as even a couple of miles apart.
    Take for instance something I found on Urban Dictionary.

oleg
    Oleg is a bitchin name which means "holy" all you stupid haters on here wish you had a name like oleg. as far as being a wigger... you peepz dont even know how to define the term "Wigger" the person that said the name oleg means "Molster" i think your spending too much time on the internet, and need to go out and get a life. all of you are just a bunch of haters. GROW UP! oh yeah my name is OLEG. and i think is pimp cause it's not your everyday AMERICAN GAY NAME.
    Oleg's(not your everyday AMERICAN GAY NAME) homework for the day.

Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    They both sound incorrect.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video. I really enjoyed watching it. The Canadian vowel a in the word bag doesn't seem to have the same sound as the corresponding American vowel. Of course, the Canadian vowel ou in the word about is also different from the corresponding American vowel. I know that the tv show Dark Matter has a lot of Canadian actors, and I wonder if those actors sound distinctly Canadian. Is it possible to discern the difference between their speech and the Western American English speech? Today, the Canadian show Travelers premieres on Showcase. I wonder if any actors in that show speak differently than the people in the Western U.S.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video.
    And thank you, OlegL for being autistic enough to watch it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast