Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bcg

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Wow

https://torrentfreak.com/blackcat-ga...police-161019/

Just checked the site to see if my account was still active(which I'm sure it wasnt) and found a takedown notice. Can't believe there wasn't a thread made already.

Towards the bottom of that article, there's an Update 2 saying that a BCG owner has been raided and arrested...

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    So this just happened in the last day or two? Bummer. For us and for stoi.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just found an additional update from your link, Funkin': https://torrentfreak.com/police-conf...rators-161020/
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    That tracker was so much goodness with it. RIP

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Life is funny. On the one hand you have some guys who literally weren't hurting anyone.In fact they were bring joy to a lot of people. People who I might point out would very likely never have played those games otherwise and unless I've been misled, the end goal of any creative person is to have their work experienced by as many people as possible.

Then on the other hand you have a group who consciously chose to destroy the lives of others, including apparently children for no real motive other than greed.

So who in this case does the Law deem to be the bad guy?
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Then on the other hand you have a group who consciously chose to destroy the lives of others, including apparently children for no real motive other than greed.
    I like them already.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That would be more surprising if it came from someone who didn't have a Nazi torturer as their avatar.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    The scary thing about this for them is the money laundering charge. The copyright infringement is likely to be a slap on the wrist but money laundering is serious jail time of up to fourteen years in prison.

It will be interesting to see how profitable BCG was, and if this differs from the pleading poverty version that BCG promoted.
    LSS #1

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Interesting link, Meg.

So I'm guessing one of the sysops mentioned must be our friend from here...

And if it is, I really hope he had made enough to pay a bond and hire a decent lawyer. I shoulda started my own tracker years ago. Who knows, might savings account might be substantially larger than it is now...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Not to sound insensitive(cuz I'm not, bcg was one of my first trackers and one that I actually cared about my account), but I'm wondering where to turn now for games. Computer games specifically.

Just got a decent rig and need to learn how to play games on the pc. Guess I can just turn to the fst community for help to get games goin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast