Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hippopotusmess

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Well the day is upon us when our Merkin chums decide between having their testimonials firmly skelped between two bricks or having their eyes poked by a particularly pointy biro.

Which is it going to be?

Is asking Obama nicely to stay on for another couple of years until the country returns to sanity an option?

In the words of that great American philospher

"...you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Does it really matter. Aren't they all actors. The face in the creamhouse never seems to have any actual power. Do they even get important, red buttons to press anymore. I would imagine they got rid of those years ago as Reagan kept falling asleep and dribbling on them. I can cynically say that either faceless sex alien is fine bye me.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Alright, Les. How goes it?

I'm not even sure Obama did anything good apart from the witty soundbites and cool pics with famous types like McKayla Maroney.
    His intentions were decent (guns), he seemed like a sound bloke (healthcare), but to be blocked at each turn by the republican held congress kind of nullified all of that.
    Ben's bang on imo.

That said, it's obviously preferable to have a decent chap capable of shrugging off 'insults' like the Chinese not giving him the right colour carpet off his aeroplane the other month.
    I'm not so sure a guy like Trump has the dignity in him to rise above that kind of pettyness. A career politician like Hilary would, that's mainly why I'm hoping she wins.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Actually, the office of the presidency has been gaining more power rather than less. I'm lumping in all the staff involved in running the executive branch with this. It was not traditionally supposed to hold this much power, but the duties of president are not as clearly defined as you would expect them to be, which leaves ample room for interpretation. As each president establishes a new role or function for the executive branch, those accumulate, and the subsequent presidents expand upon them. The trend of executive actions is leading us to a situation where we're likely going to regret having an executive office.

Obama was a net good for the country, especially considering the tea party movement. However, you might wonder if the tea party movement would have ever taken off if we had white male president(s) in office from 2008 until now. That aside, we have some major fucking idiots serving in the legislative branch, and the US could have found itself in a negative trend during that period with respect to economy, socially progressive movements, etc. Instead, it was a positive trend, hence the net good. The racists, sexists, and supremacists feel a little ignored, which is why we see the alt right hissy fit placing a buffoon of a demagogue as a major party nominee.

The election is kicking off right about now, isn't it?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Fuck knows we have some kind of Toblerone crisis going on in the UK today

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What, that's a real thing?
    I thought it was you and your phoatieshop shenanigans.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Actually, the office of the presidency has been gaining more power rather than less. I'm lumping in all the staff involved in running the executive branch with this. It was not traditionally supposed to hold this much power, but the duties of president are not as clearly defined as you would expect them to be, which leaves ample room for interpretation. As each president establishes a new role or function for the executive branch, those accumulate, and the subsequent presidents expand upon them. The trend of executive actions is leading us to a situation where we're likely going to regret having an executive office.

Obama was a net good for the country, especially considering the tea party movement. However, you might wonder if the tea party movement would have ever taken off if we had white male president(s) in office from 2008 until now. That aside, we have some major fucking idiots serving in the legislative branch, and the US could have found itself in a negative trend during that period with respect to economy, socially progressive movements, etc. Instead, it was a positive trend, hence the net good. The racists, sexists, and supremacists feel a little ignored, which is why we see the alt right hissy fit placing a buffoon of a demagogue as a major party nominee.

The election is kicking off right about now, isn't it?
    Yep, it's a thing.
    Thanks for that, and getting me to finally google what the 'tea party movement' actually is. I'm underwhelmed but a tiny bit more informed.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    What, that's a real thing?
    I thought it was you and your phoatieshop shenanigans.
    I dunno know, I'm starting to smell a hoax...

They announced back on october 15th the size of two bars was being reduced, suddenly these pictures appear? seems a bit odd...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Just read a couple of articles; I don't think it's a hoax, but it may well be a cunning publicity stunt.

the public: 'oh noes, plz bring back muh triangles'
    toblerone: 'since you asked nicely and gave us lots of free publicity, ok sure'
    toblerone: <releases toblerone classic packed with triangles >
    the public; NOM NOM NOM

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    CwuSE8rWQAAY3OQ.jpg

For 3rd world readers who have no earthly idea how important triangles are here in civilisation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast