Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hippopotusmess

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Sadly just the first one and you are behind the times...it is 21 guineas a month these days. I look forward to her graduation in so many ways
    Red meat, a fine wine and a decent cigar I'll be bound. Or a chicken tikka masala and a can of diet irn bru.

What is it the young 'un is being advanced about.

I'm guessing something philosophical or food related.
    Art - although she is mixing philosophy in there (and computer programmes and plants and electrical impulses and all sorts of weird stuff).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Red meat, a fine wine and a decent cigar I'll be bound. Or a chicken tikka masala and a can of diet irn bru.

What is it the young 'un is being advanced about.

I'm guessing something philosophical or food related.
    Art - although she is mixing philosophy in there (and computer programmes and plants and electrical impulses and all sorts of weird stuff).
    Chapeau, good for her.

Do what you want to do, be as eclectic as you dare.

Bee awl ewe can bee.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Alright, Les. How goes it?

I'm not even sure Obama did anything good apart from the witty soundbites and cool pics with famous types like McKayla Maroney.
    His intentions were decent (guns), he seemed like a sound bloke (healthcare), but to be blocked at each turn by the republican held congress kind of nullified all of that.
    Ben's bang on imo.

That said, it's obviously preferable to have a decent chap capable of shrugging off 'insults' like the Chinese not giving him the right colour carpet off his aeroplane the other month.
    I'm not so sure a guy like Trump has the dignity in him to rise above that kind of pettyness. A career politician like Hilary would, that's mainly why I'm hoping she wins.

Hey Manker

I am mostly well. Working too hard though. We had a recruitment ban and people kept leaving and I kept getting their work to do. Currently covering three jobs and had no leave this year. Good for my pension though as one of the jobs was my boss's. I have managed to spoof the last couple of years quite well and by the power of Google l can compare SSAPS with these newfangled IAS things and produce vaguely modern accounts.

I would like to retire but SGG is still a student. She is supposed to finish her postgraduate degree in June so there is a potential train in the tunnel.

How goes it with you? I am sure I was told you were lion taming in Peru or something.

Agree on Obama. There is a lot to be said for a politician that is decent and quiet and doesn't have mad ideas.
    Jebus, I haven't heard anyone mention a standard statement of accounting principle since A Levels. Slight exaggeration but I'm not even sure I expanded the acronym correctly. Google does make what we do pretty easy, me more than you I suspect. I just hope that with all this MTD stuff happening soon that people don't cotton onto it and cut out the middle man. If they do, I've always got the lion taming to fall back on.

Please pass on my best regards to SGG. I think you told me a while ago, perhaps kindly, that she likes it when some cawk from a distant interwebs in the before-time says hai.
    Still getting subs from dad for education at, what, 27? Les, you're a giant softie

===

Trump, eh. Politics, bloody hell.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Jebus, I haven't heard anyone mention a standard statement of accounting principle since A Levels. Slight exaggeration but I'm not even sure I expanded the acronym correctly. Google does make what we do pretty easy, me more than you I suspect. I just hope that with all this MTD stuff happening soon that people don't cotton onto it and cut out the middle man. If they do, I've always got the lion taming to fall back on.

Please pass on my best regards to SGG. I think you told me a while ago, perhaps kindly, that she likes it when some cawk from a distant interwebs in the before-time says hai.
    Still getting subs from dad for education at, what, 27? Les, you're a giant softie

===

Trump, eh. Politics, bloody hell.
    Statement of standard etc...but close enough They were great...especially as there were only a couple of dozen of them.

Will pass on Hai's to the girl -

She is only 26...so I am only a medium sized softie
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ah. Well, it's only to be expected at your chronological station, mate.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234