Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. what.cd

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus_lt View Post
    1000possibleclaws, I registered at all four sites and all required profiles and screenshots of the picture uTorrent with albums.
    http://pastebin.com/raw/aPE2FtLv

rip i have no screenshots of whatcd
    In total seriousness, I don't know why anyone would want to be a member of a site run by assholes like that.
    Torrent sites literally bring out the very worst in people, which is sad seeing as "sharing" should be bringing out the best. Or maybe I've got it backward and they just attract the worst type of person.

Alternately may I strongly suggest that you ( and others) instead work to try to make Apollo the best site it can be and maybe it will in time surpass PtDouche. Life is too short to live with much regret.

Also you're all clearly brainwashed as I'm reasonably sure that no one short of a sound engineer should know, let along care what "perfect flacs so it can't be disputed to be mutt rips" means.

Then again I'm more along the lines of artists who understand that perfection is boring as fuck anyway.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #142
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I was a member of What from the first week, but have no proof of it. Don't really give a shit either. I got into Apollo during the open reg, and have a nice buffer now, so I couldn't care less. Hopefully, it'll stick around for a while. Eventually, if the opportunity arises, I'll probably join PtH so I'll have somewhere else to get stuff if Apollo goes tits up, but I'm not in any hurry, for sure.

The way people are and were acting when What went down is ridiculous. People acting like their mother died or something. It was a torrent site, nothing more, no matter how good you thought it was. It's sad to think so many people dedicated so much time and effort to something that everyone should have known wasn't going to last. It was never a question of IF, only WHEN...
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. BitTorrent   -   #143
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    They really are still stuck back in Oink mode when most people had adsl and few had even heard of seedboxes which was a time that was ripe for a hard ratio site. The Cultists have no intention of changing and are stuck in that 2005 mindset. As idol says they are trying to recreate What and this alone is scary, recreate their Cults temple, and if you challenge the belief of the Cult you are an enemy of the Cult.
    Well, to be fair, there's the required ratio system and some freeleech torrents (which will get you 10 MB a year, but oh well). TorrentLeech is a far better example of a tracker stuck on 2005: zero freeleech, no bonus points, and waiting times on new torrents

Anyway, I'd like a Torrent Celebrity account on PassTheHead or whatever the name is. What.cd proof follows.

Attachment 172917
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #144
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

In total seriousness, I don't know why anyone would want to be a member of a site run by assholes like that.
    Torrent sites literally bring out the very worst in people, which is sad seeing as "sharing" should be bringing out the best. Or maybe I've got it backward and they just attract the worst type of person.

Alternately may I strongly suggest that you ( and others) instead work to try to make Apollo the best site it can be and maybe it will in time surpass PtDouche. Life is too short to live with much regret.

Also you're all clearly brainwashed as I'm reasonably sure that no one short of a sound engineer should know, let along care what "perfect flacs so it can't be disputed to be mutt rips" means.

Then again I'm more along the lines of artists who understand that perfection is boring as fuck anyway.
    good point.

BTW I don't personally care for or listen to perfect flacs. I upload them because they are untrumpable and members can make whatever rips they want from them. I fortunately have over 50 releases from bandcamp.com, and they offer web FLAC, which is 'perfect' standard, so it was relatively convenient.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 12-04-2016 at 08:46 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #145
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    So what in effect you're saying is that either you play the game or the game plays you.

I don't intend to upload anything because I'm fairly sure that's not the reason to belong to a site where you intend to steal stuff but I don't mind as you've got to do that if you intend to download a lot or want to get into higher userclasses so you can pretend you're cool. I will however never, ever accept all the assholes with seedboxes who monopolize all the bandwidth on every torrent even though they have absolutely no reason other than the obvious, being cunts reason to do so.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-04-2016 at 09:48 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #146
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Not everyone who uses servers are assholes or ratio whores. I got one (cheap, through Dediseed) because Comcast tends to frown on torrenting, and although I don't DL nearly as much as I used to (and use Usenet as much as possible) I still dl the occasional hard to find torrent.
    Also, I don't have to leave my desktop running 24/7.
    I agree with you about the upload part, though. I was a member of What from the first week, and never uploaded anything there, only seeded what I downloaded. Granted, I seeded everything for months, but I never had ratio problems there. But anytime I mentioned that on any forum, people acted like I was some kind of criminal because I didn't do any ripping/uploading. I didn't give a shit about userclasses.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

7. BitTorrent   -   #147
    On HDBits many distributed invitations. Simply ask.

8. BitTorrent   -   #148
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.

I mean I'm mainly a blues and jazz listener(you know...real music and the such), and the remaining music trackers i belong to cater to my needs just fine.

Although admittedly these trackers don't have everything(but one tracker does?). So What was indeed nice to belong to for those few albums I couldn't find elsewhere.

Maybe once these trackers are more than a few weeks old and have some substantial content(cuz really, how much can they really have at this point) I might make an effort to becoming a member.

But for right now I just don't have the patience or energy to kiss ass to get granted into some start up tracker that which we have no idea if it'll be around in a month or so...

9. BitTorrent   -   #149
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    BTW I don't personally care for or listen to perfect flacs. I upload them because they are untrumpable and members can make whatever rips they want from them.
    This is why I dig 'em too. It's nice to have a lossless rip just so I can convert into whatever the fuck I want. I'm mainly an OGG user, and pretty much nobody uploads in this 'superior to mp3' format. So a raw rip is nice to have for an example like this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #150
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    The xanax site is having open signups again for very short periods it seems. Hang out in their irc and you get notified.

Not done this so cant confirm if it is true but it appears on reddit so still cant confirm if true.
    LSS #1

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast