Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avatars And Signatures

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    True dat i.am, I'll admit it. Truth be told the sig's kinda old anyway. However, the next one will likely feature my upcoming portfolio site (constructing it now ) so it'll be changed in the near future anyway
    Yep, it was an edited screenshot 
    Playing games and pointing at another user to take the focus off the fact that you are breaking the rules just isn't funny.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    BANNED
    :'( but thats what im all about

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@26 November 2003 - 13:59
    True dat i.am, I'll admit it. Truth be told the sig's kinda old anyway. However, the next one will likely feature my upcoming portfolio site (constructing it now ) so it'll be changed in the near future anyway
    Yep, it was an edited screenshot 
    Playing games and pointing at another user to take the focus off the fact that you are breaking the rules just isn't funny.
    I admitted that I've been breaking the rule, abeit it wasn't really intentional (Before one of my shows, I was asked to post a link to listen to the Lounge and I hastily posted it there). The screenshot was posted to lighten the mood, but it was ill-conceived on my part.

The screenshot should be pulled off now and I'll have edited the sig to sort out my own infringement.

Though accusing me for "trying to take the heat off me" is a bit much, isn't it? I'd have thought that I'd have already have been known for taking my own "heat" and admitting my mistakes whenever I was wrong

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Though accusing me for "trying to take the heat off me" is a bit much, isn't it?
    Sorry if that was seen as too much. I was only saying it as I see it.

This thread is about verifiying if the sig rules have changed. Even the first sentence shows this.
    ive noticed a lot of peeps sigs and avas are way over limet
    How is it fair to us (the members who follow the rules) when some are allowed over the limits set.
    Don't we all have the same rules?
    maybe the mods have been slacking off
    maybe.

PS. Thanks for fixing your sig, Illuminati. I hope there are no hard feelings.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Though accusing me for "trying to take the heat off me" is a bit much, isn't it?
    Sorry if that was seen as too much. I was only saying it as I see it.
    NP - I'd have probably said the same thing if I were in your position

It was just the accusation that pissed me off - It sounded more like it was underhanded (hopefully not me ) instead of dodgy (which is me ).

Being dodgy and being underhanded are two seperate things, even for a scouser

PS. Thanks for fixing your sig, Illuminati. I hope there are no hard feelings.
    NP Virtual - The image and the text concerning the radio show are currently obsolete, as I took a few weeks off before the radio station changed hands. I have no idea what 7th is planning to do with the station, so it seemed obsolete.

You invoked me to do some spring-cleaning concerning the sig - It was alright

This thread is about verifiying if the sig rules have changed. Even the first sentence shows this.
    ive noticed a lot of peeps sigs and avas are way over limet
    How is it fair to us (the members who follow the rules) when some are allowed over the limits set.
    Don't we all have the same rules?
    Yep - We all do. And we all should follow them.

However, I think a while back one of the mods were saying that being just out wasn't that bad (e.g. if a line of text exceeded the sig) but having a sig the size of a full screenshot was having it on a bit. Maybe it was voices and artificial memories in my head though

maybe.
    Dunno about this - Only mod's words can really respond to this

However, the card I was on about doing earlier in this topic is almost done and naturally follows the sig rules set It'd only be released as a 'if you want to use it' thing for the mods - Remember that while the ID-Hijack card hasn't been seen in a while, I think 9 out of the 10 last topics concerning "How are mods selected?" and similar haven't passed without the ID-Moderator card posted by someone other than myself

An idea might be though that the mods are being conservative on the whole issue - AFAIK, the last mod who went edging near Gestapo concerning responding to rule infringments had his ass kicked out

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    I think a while back one of the mods were saying that being just out wasn't that bad (e.g. if a line of text exceeded the sig)
    That's true, that was said at one point but at a later point the admin/mod team came in and made a statement that "the rules would be the rules, no exceptions"

The problem I see with the "just a bit" over is that it's not fair to the members who work at keeping theirs under. Don't we all have the same rules?

maybe.
    I see it more a responsibility for each member, not the fault of the mods (except if they themselves break the avatar/sig rules ).

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    We remove/edit signatures or PM members about signature size as we come across it. I have to admit, I rarely check filesize unless an image is slow to load, I only check for pixel size, and if I notice it, I PM the member about it. If anyone ever has a problem with someone's signature, it's as simple as PM'ing a mod and we'll take care of it, I'm usually more inclined to be reading the contents of the posts and not the signatures. Just give us a head's up if you spot anything and we'll be glad to take care of it.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Glad thats resolved without any hard feelings.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by NikkiD@26 November 2003 - 18:52
    We remove/edit signatures or PM members about signature size as we come across it. I have to admit, I rarely check filesize unless an image is slow to load, I only check for pixel size, and if I notice it, I PM the member about it. If anyone ever has a problem with someone&#39;s signature, it&#39;s as simple as PM&#39;ing a mod and we&#39;ll take care of it, I&#39;m usually more inclined to be reading the contents of the posts and not the signatures. Just give us a head&#39;s up if you spot anything and we&#39;ll be glad to take care of it.
    Then i suggest you check out mine please NIkkiD - i have a very suspicious feeling that even if my pix are ok, i may be using up too much space with the text

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123