Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What The Hell Is Goin On Atx To At

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition
    PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
    128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
    1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.*
    Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
    CD-ROM or DVD drive
    Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
    Is this an exercise in masochism?
    You may be able to get the GUI up, but it's gonna crawl, begging to be put out of it's misery.
    Most sites recommend at least 256Kb of RAM, with 512 being ideal.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@25 November 2003 - 15:45
    Most sites recommend at least 256Kb of RAM, with 512 being ideal.
    Kb , i didnt think even win 95 ran on that little RAM

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by milosummer@25 November 2003 - 05:43
    i know but there r so many computers that have such configuration
    which run WinXP perfectly How come it feels as if i have plugged it to an AT cabinet
    well thanku very very MUCH for ur participation
    I still don't know what the hell you think you mean. AT and ATX are power supply and design specifications that have nothing to do with the speed of your OS.

What's the difference between AT and ATX?
        AT and ATX are different form factors for Computers.  A form factor is the physical layout of the motherboard and its associated case.  Changing the design of a motherboard usually means changing the design of the case.

There are different variations on the AT design.  There is the original AT, and the Baby AT form factor.  The Baby AT design is simply a smaller version of the original AT design.  It is therefore less expensive to make.  A Baby AT motherboard can usually fit inside either a Baby AT case or a full AT case.  However, an AT motherboard is too big to fit in a Baby AT case and it therefore must fit into an AT case only.

The ATX is a newer design for motherboards and cases.  The ATX design uses a different power supply connector and the ATX case cools internal components much more efficiently than its predecessor.  In addition to ATX, there is also Mini ATX and Micro ATX.  These are smaller versions of the ATX motherboards and cases which adhere to the ATX design specifications, but skimp on expandability.

For the most part, we recommend that our customers who wish to upgrade their PCs use a motherboard and case which adheres to the ATX standards of design.  ATX is not an expensive technology, but it is the more modern and the best suited for expansion.
    Did you mean to point out the performance difference between 386 and 486 computers maybe? Most or all 386's are in the AT format simply because of their age. ATX is a relatively new standard.
    If none of this sorts it, I have no idea what you're on about.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    XP has not detected a fully compatible ACPI on the motherboard, therefore not installed ACPI stuff like auto turn-off - it's the same on the two Into Celery POS machines where I used to work.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Bingo!
    I think we have a winner folks!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    IT IS NOW SAFE TO TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER

well i would leave it off if i was trying to run xp those specs

sorry, i couldnt resist

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@26 November 2003 - 00:47
    Bingo!
    I think we have a winner folks!
    I'm flattered to receive such an award.

I'd like to thank mom 'n' pop for believing in me and God for giving me the talent to win. Also I'd like to say that these awards are not won by one person but many - there are many people behind the sc3n3s without whom this would not be possible... my agent, my brother, my chauffeur, my...

<cut to ad-break to save the sanity of TV audiences>
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Erm...Smurfette?

You are aware that typically awards such as these are presented at a luncheon held weeks before the main event?
    If you&#39;re lucky I&#39;ll see if I can&#39;t squeeze you into the review clip footage.
    Been nice knowin&#39; ya.
    Don&#39;t call us, we&#39;ll call you.
    Ciao, baby.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by Smurfette+26 November 2003 - 23:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 26 November 2003 - 23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@26 November 2003 - 00:47
    Bingo&#33;
    I think we have a winner folks&#33;
    I&#39;m flattered to receive such an award.

I&#39;d like to thank mom &#39;n&#39; pop for believing in me and God for giving me the talent to win. Also I&#39;d like to say that these awards are not won by one person but many - there are many people behind the sc3n3s without whom this would not be possible... my agent, my brother, my chauffeur, my...

<cut to ad-break to save the sanity of TV audiences> [/b][/quote]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast