Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What The Hell Is Goin On Atx To At

Poster
    ...1978 Lincoln Continental, my old piano, my friend Stan, my old man's a dustman, my favourite waste of time, my boomerang won't come back...

hehe LOL @ Clocker

I forgot to add that with more RAM (256MB should be plenty) that system will run XP fine without all the bells n whistles; the ones where I worked were slot1s - 333 and 500 IIRC.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    With many all the advanced style options turned off, and with many of the services disabled, I got Xp to run perfectly on a PII 333mhz with 96mb of ram.
    I was very proud of myself
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien@27 November 2003 - 01:50
    With many all the advanced style options turned off, and with many of the services disabled, I got Xp to run perfectly on a PII 333mhz with 96mb of ram.
    I was very proud of myself
    Right, now lets see it crash when it tries to run like, windows update, or even the tour or something, lol.

The Win XP tour crashing, oh the irony.

"Lets see whats instore for you with windows XP"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Why are all you guys against teh old computers they arent that slow and dont crash that much...

I was running my old K62 333mhz 64mb ram for like a year with XP and didnt find it to be any slower than windows 98 was until i started to get BSOD's and had to upgrade the RAM to 128 then it was perfectly fine.

Now i have my newer computer and still use the old one occasionally.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2003@27 November 2003 - 22:17
    Why are all you guys against teh old computers they arent that slow and dont crash that much...

I was running my old K62 333mhz 64mb ram for like a year with XP and didnt find it to be any slower than windows 98 was until i started to get BSOD's and had to upgrade the RAM to 128 then it was perfectly fine.

Now i have my newer computer and still use the old one occasionally.
    I totally agree with you there.
    There are many people running newer OSes on older system mainly because some software or hardware requires a later OS but they can't justify the expense of new mobo/cpu/ram.
    It's ridiculous and childish to diss people in that sort of situation.
    Basically, run what you can run and put up with the speed of.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123