Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm New At This Bitorrent Thing

hey, so after weeks of trying to get matrix revolutions off of kazaa, i'm fed up with it only having part one and not being able to find part two, so i've been stuck with not knowing how the fuckin movie finishes, and plus in general, i'm tired of all the fakes and scramblers mp3s that's going on in that now........so now i'm switching to bitorrent, but i'm new at this and all that faq shit that i see on that site bores the hell out of me and makes me feel like sleeping......so can someone simplify how i set this thing up, or what files i need to install, and how i can use it to download? it should be sort of like using kazaa right? search for files, download off one another........? right?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    First, d/l Bit Torrent here. Then go to any site containing the torrent you want, d/l the torrent, then double click the torrent, and wait for the magic to begin. Simple enough?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    muchspl2
    after you install shad0w's client
    right click one of these links and save as to your computer, then open it

http://novasearch.net/?search=matrix+revolutions

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    oh.....uh.....this is like downloading for dummies for me, like, waht's a client? like what's this "EXPERIMENTAL BITTORRENT CLIENT" that i see in bold.......are people ripping off the original of this and making their own or something.......is bitorrent something that you use to get links from supernova or something.....i just gotta get used to switching from kazaa to this......so yeah, that's for the help people.....keep it coming........what else should i know? what does the word "torrent" mean anyways? what the heck, i see a windows installer file, a source package, a replacement light sets, DeHackEd's Experimental HTTP Seeder:, ......am i supposed to get all of this?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    muchspl2
    should only be one windows installer, and I assume you are running windows
    instll it and then goto the site I linked and right click the one you want and save as
    then open it

also read the faq http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    alright....thanks man.......i hope this shit works.........and do i just click on any of those links or is there a favored one? uh....how do you translate this stuff "Filesize Seeds DLs Quality Submitter" what the heck is a seed and well.....i guess the quality doesn't matter.......

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    muchspl2
    also read the faq http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SHIT that's A LOT OF READING.....haha........thank goodness this is starting my four day weekend.....ahha damn this sucks...i have like dsl and with this, i'm getting like 5kb a sec.......what the heck........

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@26 November 2003 - 19:58
    waht's a client? like what's this "EXPERIMENTAL BITTORRENT CLIENT" that i see in bold.......

are people ripping off the original of this and making their own or something.......

what the heck, i see a windows installer file, a source package, a replacement light sets, DeHackEd's Experimental HTTP Seeder:, ......am i supposed to get all of this?
    a client is an internet program running on a PC. they call it a "client" to distinguish it from a server.

people do make their own, but it's not a ripoff. bittorrent is an open-source program, meaning that the person who made the original has granted everyone permission to view his source code (the program's raw code, before it's converted into a version that actually runs on a PC) and alter it to make their own versions.

you only need a windows installer. the source code is for professional programmers' use, and that other stuff is just extra junk.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    oh ic......i just realized that this is the FUCKIN SLOWEST PIECE OF CRAP THAT I"VE USED SINCE my 30.0kps connection two years ago.....damn.............and you guys say you can get this movie in less than 5 horus? i hhave sbc yahoo dsl and this shit estimates that it'll take me 40 hours!!! how can i adjust the settings from th edefault so that i can get this thing going faster, i'm not even downloading anything else.............!??!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast