Thread: The Best Overnet Client?

is it edonkey, emule, xmule, shareaza or something else?

i'm a new use, so any advise is appreciated.

cheers

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    As far as i know shareaza and emule dont support overnet.

Edonkey2000 i dont know?

The only client i know is the overnet client itself http://www.overnet.com/download.html

Not a real fan of it thou.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    so what are emule, sheraaza?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    emule downloads from the ed2k network (used by edonkey), shareaza downloads from the ed2k network, bittorent network, and gnutella network (and some more i think, never used it). Overnet network is only accessable through overnet itself or through MLDonkey. MLDonkey is like shareaza where it can access the emule and overnet network but its a bain to ed2k network.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    emule downloads from the ed2k network (used by edonkey), shareaza downloads from the ed2k network, bittorent network, and gnutella network (and some more i think, never used it). Overnet network is only accessable through overnet itself or through MLDonkey. MLDonkey is like shareaza where it can access the emule and overnet network but its a bain to ed2k network.
    thanks.

but is shareaza good. i'm using edonkey2000 so do u recommend to replace it with shaeraza

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I dont think edonkey files are compatible with shareaza. So finish the edonkey files off, then switch to shareaza. But be aware, shareaza uses a different format to edonkey, emule, and i think overnet. So if you want to finish downloads you need to do so with Shareaza. Official emule can convert edonkey files to compatible emule files.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    actually if ur using an older edonkey version that doesnt include the horde system, you can transfer the dl and finish it with shareaza but i dont know it doesnt work the other way

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    IMO horde sucks.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Shareaza can import partial eMule downloads.