Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Sales!

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Okay not to sound crazy but how many of you went out and camped at BestBuy last night??? I DID!!!!

i was wondering how poeple did in there sprees, i am going to plug in a ATI 9600 today and run it through the tests... i also will be messing with four new 120 gig hard drives... only $50 each... hehehehehe it was fun.... anyway obviosly different places equals different stores (kind of) and different prices, i am somewhat curios if anyone got any outragous deals etc... i also got a DVD burner and i will be reflecting on it's qaulity when i can... and a 1000 (don't know what unit of measure) backup unit that says it will power my computer for 30 minutes or more... (i laugh at this, but we will see)

And happy thanksgiving...

(one day late lol)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    They sold out of what i want..but there getting in another truck tomm and im going up there an hour before they open...its at office max. A Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse! only 20 bux!!! cant wait B)
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Our office max sucks balls in wichita... it had about 400 poeple and only 3 count em 3 cash registers jesus it was a mess... they had free 100 pack cd spindles with no rebate limits... crazy...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    lol. i went at 4 am and got the last available radeon 9600. plus, we got so much stuff at office max. great deals man. brought my friend along, he was just falbergasted (lol, love this word) when he say the prices. he got a lot of shit too. amazing sale. i also got that APC $5 ups and the free US Robotics router from microcenter. also got 2 sticks of 256 pc 2100 ram for free!!! i'm so cool. lol

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    man those prices are crazy! i wish we had those wikid sales here in the uk

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeah you wish you were a crazy american don't ya

yeah poeple were grabbing lots of the ram, i got a whole box, it is only 2100, but ya know what, my clients will buy it just as they will buy a 3200 and never now the difference because they are mainly old folks... (70+) hehehehe

any way i think the day was productive, i am going to compare the ATI 9600 against a ATI 8500 Radeon All-In-Wonder card... see what happens... hehehe

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by SciManAl@28 November 2003 - 12:54
    yeah you wish you were a crazy american don't ya

yeah poeple were grabbing lots of the ram, i got a whole box, it is only 2100, but ya know what, my clients will buy it just as they will buy a 3200 and never now the difference because they are mainly old folks... (70+) hehehehe

any way i think the day was productive, i am going to compare the ATI 9600 against a ATI 8500 Radeon All-In-Wonder card... see what happens... hehehe
    i'm pretty sure the 9600 is better

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i don't know... the refresh rates at 1200x ??? on both of the cards when compared favors the 8500 but we will see i will benchmark them, and then use them for halo, and see if i can get the game to play without lag... lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by SciManAl@28 November 2003 - 12:59
    i don't know... the refresh rates at 1200x ??? on both of the cards when compared favors the 8500 but we will see i will benchmark them, and then use them for halo, and see if i can get the game to play without lag... lol
    the 8500 is an older card. unless u want the aiw features, it's not really that good

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    well i understand the the fact that it is old, but there is simply the fact that the 9600 is not XT or PRO so it is a close race, and older PRO equivelent card versus a new reg card...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast