Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can U Preview A File With Bittorrent

Is there a way to Preview the Movies on Bittorrent ... Avipreview or Video Lan by any chance? and also on IRC is all the downloads querys? waiting to download a Movie sux lol...I rather wait for the download to finsh .. 56k user

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Download a good amount of the file then press cancel then use VLC to watch it will only play the parts it has though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks, also how do i know i have the latest n greatest codecs? i downloaded Divx like a month ago

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by giftic@28 November 2003 - 19:05
    Thanks, also how do i know i have the latest n greatest codecs? i downloaded Divx like a month ago
    Get the K-lite Codec Pack and you will have latest n greatest codecs yet....

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Once again many Thanks...I'm New to the Group..so let me just say u all are Great!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    You don't need to cancel the file. Well, I havn't the last few times. (maybe i have a more recent version of both software). Just use Video Lan Client (VLC) and preview it. works good, but remember bittorent downloads in strange orders.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Monkeee+28 November 2003 - 20:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkeee @ 28 November 2003 - 20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-giftic@28 November 2003 - 19:05
    Get the K-lite Codec Pack and you will have latest n greatest codecs yet.... [/b][/quote]
    thanks...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    If you right click the file then you can use Avipreview or the like to look at the movie.

However the download is chunks from all over the file, so it can take a while before you have a decent chunk at the start of the file to review.

Sometimes it works early doors, however often you need to have 50% or more of the file before you can preview it.

That is my experience.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by internet.news+29 November 2003 - 22:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 29 November 2003 - 22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Monkeee@28 November 2003 - 20:25
    <!--QuoteBegin-giftic
    @28 November 2003 - 19:05

Get the K-lite Codec Pack and you will have latest n greatest codecs yet....
    thanks... [/b][/quote]
    Always remember to remove old codec packs, before loading new ones.

This helps to avoid conflicts which stops the codec working.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@30 November 2003 - 00:19
    If you right click the file then you can use Avipreview or the like to look at the movie.

However the download is chunks from all over the file, so it can take a while before you have a decent chunk at the start of the file to review.

Sometimes it works early doors, however often you need to have 50% or more of the file before you can preview it.

That is my experience.
    you don&#39;t need that much with videolan, just a few mb&#39;s, the important part is the very beginning and the end, it needs that as reference points, at least in videolan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast