Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing News! Kazaa Blocking Music Files?

At Unite the cows on their main page they have an article telling how kazaa is starting to block some music files! THey even have screenshots! Is this true???

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    well even if it does, we could just zip the files? maybe it's blocking mp3s, that we would solve the prob cuz they'd then be zip/ace/rar files.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I've had no such trouble. I did have a few large (700mb) files that got to the end then said failed, but I just opened "my shared folder" and cut and pasted the avi to another folder and it worked fine. I think if a download fails when it finishes the file will still work as long as you don't clear or restart the download.

The screen caps show a user searching under "all" rather than "audio". If Im searching for music I always choose audio.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by xander2003@12 February 2003 - 19:41
    I've had no such trouble. I did have a few large (700mb) files that got to the end then said failed, but I just opened "my shared folder" and cut and pasted the avi to another folder and it worked fine. I think if a download fails when it finishes the file will still work as long as you don't clear or restart the download.

The screen caps show a user searching under "all" rather than "audio". If Im searching for music I always choose audio.
    Yeah I posted this at another site and they noticed that he was using a very OLD version of kazaa lite, and others posted they had no problems! So I wonder if that has something to do with it???

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Bullshit. Nothing is blocked.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Paul@12 February 2003 - 13:47
    Hey Paul that kind of language would not tolerated at UTC! B)

Yeah as far as I can tell nothing is or could be blocked at the moment, if and when that should ever happen I am sure it would be readily apparent to all.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Forum Star

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Conclusive proof there Paul.....i searched too and got loads of results.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Paul@12 February 2003 - 19:47
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Sharman Networks CANNOT block ANY files unless they RECODE Kazaa.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Metallica won!!!!!!

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast