Thread: Yo I Need Amdk6.sys For Xp Install......

CAn someone send this file from their XP to me as it is not included in my install packge. WHen loading it says amdk6.sys failed to copy or something..i can skip it but it comes up with a FATAL ERROR. [email protected].

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Throw that CD in the garbage and try it again after you download a complete XP file, ISO or whatever. You can't run a PC with out a CPU.

amdk6.sys is one of the files used by some CPU's. There's likely even more major corruption that you'll never know.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    right on dude. i thought i was dreaming. just took ages to download and i didn't want to give up. ANYWAY..word to the wise, dont bother with Kazaa 504102kbs version of XP its corrupted. In my naivety I went for a blank install of this version and lost all of my WINME and had to reinstall from scracth. IT'll be a while before I try an OS off the net.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Oh, there are good ones out there. Couple of other forums have ftp listings where you can get it from. Just keep looking and check the file size carefully first.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Yeah mate i downloaded the same xp awhile ago,i had quite afew missing file duing installation.Theres a good copy on suprnova 538 mb,with no curruption or missing files.

Morning ballam