Pre-release: VLC 0.7.0-test1
The VideoLAN team is happy to announce the first beta version of the upcoming VLC 0.7.0.
This is a major update. Main features include:
* Major core enhancements
* RTP/RTSP support
* Audio visual effects
* New supported formats (encoders ans decoders) (Speex, MPEG2 422, AAC+SBR, ....)
* Subtitles support enhancements
* Improved stream output (muxing and transcoding)
* RTP streaming
* Interface and playlist enhancements (wxWindows, skins, MacOS X, HTTP)
* DirectShow input on Win32
* Support for MacOS X 10.3
For a more complete list, please see the full release notes:
(DVB subtitles will not be available until the new version of libdvbpsi gets released)
Binary packages are already available for Windows and BeOS.
You can download the binary packages and the source code on:
We hope to have at least packages for Mac OS X soon, and maybe others.
Please remember that this is a beta version. Please test it and report bugs.
For the VideoLAN team,