Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movies About Computer Hacking

Originally posted by rizy102+30 November 2003 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rizy102 &#064; 30 November 2003 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@30 November 2003 - 04:41
    there is this movie about a teenage hacker who know about phone phreaking,war dialing, and the movie ended in his rescuing the world by disabling the DEFCON supercomputer from destroying the world by playing game of tic tac toe to confuse the computer

i forgot what the movie is called but it&#39;s quite intruqing
    im sure this movie is "The Core" [/b][/quote]
    That is the movie War Games.

And they weren&#39;t trying to confuse the computer, they were try to teach it that not all games can have a difinitive winner.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by Tasty+30 November 2003 - 22:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tasty @ 30 November 2003 - 22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by rizy102@30 November 2003 - 22:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez
    @30 November 2003 - 04:41
    there is this movie about a teenage hacker who know about phone phreaking,war dialing, and the movie ended in his rescuing the world by disabling the DEFCON supercomputer from destroying the world by playing game of tic tac toe to confuse the computer

i forgot what the movie is called but it&#39;s quite intruqing

im sure this movie is "The Core"
    That is the movie War Games.

And they weren&#39;t trying to confuse the computer, they were try to teach it that not all games can have a difinitive winner. [/b][/quote]
    not
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    Other computer hacking movies

Charlies Angels
    Mission impossible

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by zinc1@30 November 2003 - 23:37
    Other computer hacking movies

Charlies Angels
    Mission impossible
    yeh i never thought of that
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Poster
    alright everyone, thanks for the suggestions, but are there anymore movies where hacking is the basis of the movie?

not just movies with 2 minutes of some nerd on a computer

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    nope sorry

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    You do have the main ones if there were any other movies I think somebody would have mentioned them by now.I don&#39;t think there are that many hollywood ones but there must be plenty Chinese or Jap movies out there that do.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    genx cops i think and some old kinda corny jackie chan 1 i cant think of ow and exit wounds but that was small too

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by quiksilver_aus@1 December 2003 - 01:12
    alright everyone, thanks for the suggestions, but are there anymore movies where hacking is the basis of the movie?

not just movies with 2 minutes of some nerd on a computer
    look into sneakers :ignored:

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Originally posted by Memento+30 November 2003 - 08:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Memento @ 30 November 2003 - 08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GodzillaR@30 November 2003 - 14:22
    would Office Space count as a hacking movie?
    i wudnt class it as a hacking movie, but it a GREAt movie, any1 whos worked in a office will appreicate it [/b][/quote]
    "Office Space" does portray hackers more realistically than "Hackers" does, though.

"Hackers" is ridiculous-- the hackers are all mid-1990s gen-x raver rollerblade brats who look like rejects from a Laser Tag commercial, and all the hax0ring takes place through interfaces that look like openGL and macromedia flash. it&#39;s the breakin&#39; 2: electric boogaloo of hacking.

OMFGX0R TEH CANDY RAVERZ R CUM1NG 2 PWMZ UR SY5TEM JST LIEK IN TEH MOVEE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast