Thread: Netzero Highspeed

I just saw the commercial on the tv, i thought i should talk about it here first. Its only $14.95. It accelearates webpages and other sruff but not video streaming and downloading files but i think its still a pretty good deal. Right now we are paying 19.99 to Primus. I think that Netzero just announed this service. Has anyone tried this yet.

How does it work?
    Before the text and graphics that make up Web pages get sent to your phone line, NetZero HiSpeed compresses them using a proprietary technology. Less data is sent so your surfing experience is that much faster! In addition, NetZero HiSpeed stores elements of frequently visited Web sites so they load faster on future visits. And with the NetZero HiSpeed pop-up blocker, you no longer have to wait for annoying pop-up ads to load. 

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@30 November 2003 - 07:53
    I just saw the commercial on the tv, i thought i should talk about it here first. Its only $14.95. It accelearates webpages and other sruff but not video streaming and downloading files but i think its still a pretty good deal. Right now we are paying 19.99 to Primus. I think that Netzero just announed this service. Has anyone tried this yet.

How does it work?
    Before the text and graphics that make up Web pages get sent to your phone line, NetZero HiSpeed compresses them using a proprietary technology. Less data is sent so your surfing experience is that much faster! In addition, NetZero HiSpeed stores elements of frequently visited Web sites so they load faster on future visits. And with the NetZero HiSpeed pop-up blocker, you no longer have to wait for annoying pop-up ads to load.
    i think its been out 4 a while

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    i'm paying for $40 a month for high speed cable...

Time to move up!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would get bell high speed but the damn service is not available in our area.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Time to move!!!!
    lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Broken@30 November 2003 - 08:14
    Time to move!!!!
    lol
    I just moved to a new place. I had Sympatico High Speed first.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Good!
    So you still have the boxes ready!!!!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Whatever you may have heard about NetZero's scam...er...deal...the fact remains that you will never download at any greater speed than 56K. If they allege that their high speed service is 4X faster than regular, that tells me that their regular speed is a quarter of 56K, or 14K.

Anyone remember the movie Hackers?

"Wow... a 28.8 data fax modem!" - even that was better (by double) than 14K.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I dont think this means you can download files 4 times faster. i think its just webpage loading because of some kind of pre-cash of web pages on the net zero server

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by DarkReality@30 November 2003 - 01:24
    Whatever you may have heard about NetZero's scam...er...deal...
    I think the whole thing is a scam. 56k will always be 56k, never faster. I hope it isn't like AOL's image compression, faster loads, shitty looking pics.