Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake File?

I've just finished downloading an xmr movie file that is ( divx.flix-ts.mpg ).
    I couldn't use avi preview whilst downloading as it said i probably didn't have the right codec - even though I had already downloaded the klite codec pack.

Now its finished I still can't play on anything as nothing recognises the format?

I've read through the forum and tried ffdshow and VideoLan neither work -

Is this a fake file??? Is there anything else I can try??

I've tried to put it through Gspot but it just comes up n.a.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    yep its a fake file this is what the film companies do to waste your time or normal people who are simply just assholes
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Cheer mate - what an arse though - it took me ages to download that file and there were loads of users so I thought it was real and that I just needed the right codec.

So if a file does't play with avi preview now I have all these codecs I take it they will be fake too??

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    normally yes but its always good to check them thoroughly first

or even once i downloaded a movie which didnt play but when i put it on a disc i worked so maybe you could try that

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by timanfiya@30 November 2003 - 18:22
    I've just finished downloading an xmr movie file that is ( divx.flix-ts.mpg ).
    I couldn't use avi preview whilst downloading as it said i probably didn't have the right codec - even though I had already downloaded the klite codec pack.

Now its finished I still can't play on anything as nothing recognises the format?

I've read through the forum and tried ffdshow and VideoLan neither work -

I've tried to put it through Gspot but it just comes up n.a.
    if a movie has a .mpg or .mpeg extension you cant preview it with .avi preview, you are supposed to use theater.....

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    i generally think if a file doesnt play in avi preview it isnt gonna work

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Azzz@30 November 2003 - 19:02
    i generally think if a file doesnt play in avi preview it isnt gonna work
    got that right

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by Formula1+30 November 2003 - 19:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Formula1 @ 30 November 2003 - 19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-timanfiya@30 November 2003 - 18:22
    I&#39;ve just finished downloading an xmr movie file that is ( divx.flix-ts.mpg ).
    I couldn&#39;t use avi preview whilst downloading as it said i probably didn&#39;t have the right codec - even though I had already downloaded the klite codec pack.

Now its finished I still can&#39;t play on anything as nothing recognises the format?

I&#39;ve read through the forum and tried ffdshow and VideoLan neither work -

I&#39;ve tried to put it through Gspot but it just comes up n.a.
    if a movie has a .mpg or .mpeg extension you cant preview it with .avi preview, you are supposed to use theater..... [/b][/quote]
    For some reason I can&#39;t seem to figure out how to preview or play files in theatre. It&#39;s probably simple but whenever I click to preview in theatre with all files it just does nothing?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    [quote]Originally posted by timanfiya@30 November 2003 - 19:06
    Quote Originally Posted by F[/QUOTE
    For some reason I can&#39;t seem to figure out how to preview or play files in theatre. It&#39;s probably simple but whenever I click to preview in theatre with all files it just does nothing?
    to preview a file in theater normally you have to have about 1mb of a file downloaded

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by timanfiya+30 November 2003 - 19:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timanfiya &#064; 30 November 2003 - 19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Formula1@30 November 2003 - 19:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-timanfiya
    @30 November 2003 - 18:22
    I&#39;ve just finished downloading an xmr movie file that is ( divx.flix-ts.mpg ).
    I couldn&#39;t use avi preview whilst downloading as it said i probably didn&#39;t have the right codec - even though I had already downloaded the klite codec pack.

Now its finished I still can&#39;t play on anything as nothing recognises the format?

I&#39;ve read through the forum and tried ffdshow and VideoLan neither work -

I&#39;ve tried to put it through Gspot but it just comes up n.a.

if a movie has a .mpg or .mpeg extension you cant preview it with .avi preview, you are supposed to use theater.....
    For some reason I can&#39;t seem to figure out how to preview or play files in theatre. It&#39;s probably simple but whenever I click to preview in theatre with all files it just does nothing? [/b][/quote]
    .avi previews can only preview/play movies with an .avi extension. Theater can play video files with extensions mpeg, mpg, asf , and wmv , just not .avi and .mov i believe...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast