Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: External Hard Drives

Originally posted by Livy@17 December 2003 - 01:39
    come on show your true colours.
    S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA

i mean if u dont need the portability go for s-ata drive, should be a bit quicker aswell. also its internal so u dont have a drive sitting on your desk. and less chance of it breaking if its internal aswell.
    i'm just checking to see if my s-ata cables stretch far enough (because i'd be mounting the drive in a 5.25" slot)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+17 December 2003 - 02:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 17 December 2003 - 02:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Livy@17 December 2003 - 01:39
    come on show your true colours.
    S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA S-ATA&nbsp;

i mean if u dont need the portability go for s-ata drive, should be a bit quicker aswell. also its internal so u dont have a drive sitting on your desk. and less chance of it breaking if its internal aswell.
    i&#39;m just checking to see if my s-ata cables stretch far enough (because i&#39;d be mounting the drive in a 5.25" slot) [/b][/quote]
    if not could you not put one of your ide drives in there, and put it in place of the ide drive.

or is it from a cooling point on view?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Originally posted by Livy@17 December 2003 - 01:46
    if not could you not put one of your ide drives in there, and put it in place of the ide drive.

or is it from a cooling point on view?
    well, it&#39;s both cooling and ide cable point of view

if i moved my primary drive up into the possible 5.25" bay for the s-ata, it would be stretching the ide cable pretty badly (if it would fit at all)

i might just get longer ide cables though

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah, and the cables are pretty cheap anyway. i got my 60cm rounded ide ata133 cables from ebuyer for about £2 each

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=36347

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    i&#39;m getting really close to ordering this s-ata drive just now...i just can&#39;t commit to it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@17 December 2003 - 03:02
    i&#39;m getting really close to ordering this s-ata drive just now...i just can&#39;t commit to it
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=52438

look heres some long ide cables, and there snazzy blue, the yellow ones are out of stock.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345